Nvidia Shield TV - Collections - Plays out of order

TimFromFL

TimFromFL

I've tried to use the play all feature of a collection twice and both times I've had unexpected behavior so I figured I would find out how the feature is supposed to work so I know for next time.

I have all 5 Pirates of the Caribbean movies and I hit "play all" my expectation is that since there is a "shuffle" button that "Play All" plays the movies in order of release. I'm running the Timelord movie plugin so all of the "date added" dates are set to the date that the movie was released but each time I've tried to use the "play all" button, "At world's end" plays first instead of "Curse of the black pearl". It just dawned on me that this might be alphabetical. Is this correct? And if so, is there a way to have this play chronologically instead as that seems to make more sense to me, but I admit that I might be looking at this the wrong way.

Edited by TimFromFL

• 1 year later...
BlazedMonkey

@@Luke This is still an issue.  I've tried multiple collections, and many still play in the wrong order when choosing "Play All".

Tried Harry Potter tonight, and the first movie that should play is Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, but instead, Chamber of Secrets starts.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what works and what doesn't.

Hannibal (5 movies), The Godfather (3 Movies), and Ghostbusters (3 movies) collections worked fine.  The Hobbit (3 movies), Indiana Jones (4 movies), and The Jack Ryan (5 movies) collections all played the wrong movie to start.

EDIT:  I should also mention that I only tested to make sure the first movie that started was the correct first movie in the sequence.  I didn't bother to check past the first movie on any of my tests.

Edited by BlazedMonkey

PhillyFanInDetroit

Just a strange question, and I'm perfectly willing to accept that this may be a metadata issue but I wanted to check.

Just got a brand new Shield TV, grabbed the Emby app and fired it up (great job on this by the way guys).

I went to collections and selected "The Hobbit Collection", it displays all three movies with images.  I selected "Play All" and the pop up shows which asks "Play all" (short for Play all in order or Shuffle (self explanatory).

I clicked on Play all, but "The Battle of the Five Armies" started out instead of "An unexpected journey", ok... no big deal, let me try another.

I selected "The Hunger Games Collection" and repeated the same process.  This time "Catching Fire" started off the playlist.  Selecting "Shuffle" did the same thing as well only it started out with the last movie in the series.

Am I missing something here, is there a field in the Metadata that will prevent this from happening?  Please let me know if there's anything you need from me or if I need to modify something simple?

Thanks in advance folks, and keep up the great work.

Hi there, if you play in the web app, are the results the same?

Also, does the play order match the display order?

BlazedMonkey

@@BlazedMonkey, play all will play the items in the collection in the same order that they are displayed in the interface.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

@@Happy2Play

@@Luke, I understand that is how it is supposed to work,  but if you read my post, I explained pretty clearly how that isn't working how you think it is.  All the movie collections I listed that are not playing in the correct order are all displayed correctly in the interface, in chronological order just as the app ordered them. Please read my message again, as this is still an issue.

BlazedMonkey

I'm having the exact same issue, as I posted here:  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/51601-play-allsuffle-functionality/?p=731220

Hi there, if you play in the web app, are the results the same?

Also, does the play order match the display order?

No, they play in the correct order in the web app.

The play order on the Shield does not match the display order.  The displayed order is the correct chronological order by release date, and shows properly across all apps I have tested (web/shield/roku).

Thanks, we'll have to look at this in the app.

Is it possible they are playing in alphabetical order?

BlazedMonkey

Thanks, we'll have to look at this in the app.

Is it possible they are playing in alphabetical order?

Hmm, yes, after double checking, this appears to be the case.