Set up to record series but get white dots and "won't record' message

keithr386
Go to solution Solved by keithr386,

keithr386

Hi all.  First time posting here, so I hope this is the correct place to state my inquiry. 

I have been using Emby Premier for a few months new and really like it.  But one of the series I record (my daily morning news program) suddenly stopped working.  For future episodes, the red record dots have turned white.  When I open an episode to be recorded, it says "This showing will NOT record". I open the settings and there does not appear to be anything that would cause this. 

Here are the settings:

• No padding (start and stop on schedule)
  • Only New Episodes - OFF
  • Skip Episodes in my library - OFF
  • Record at any time - ON
  • Record on any channel - ON 
  • Keep up to 4 episodes

I have HDHomerun connect, and have confirmed no other shows are scheduled during this show. 

Oddly, I can manually turn on recording for any individual future episode and it seems to work. 

It was working up until this morning.  

Any insights?

Keith R

keithr386

Yes, there are marked as new, but I even have it set to record regardless of whether they are marked as new or not. 

I have attached a picture for reference.  In this view, the dots are actually black, but still not red when they indicate a recording is going ahead. 

5cbe33a648769_Capture.png

I wonder if they all have the same show id. Can you try cancelling the series and then recreating it?

keithr386

ZAP2IT

I download the data onto my computer and then import it into emby.  Repeat each hour to keep data fresh. 

keithr386

I can try when I get a chance.  However, I will add that I deleted and re-scanned the guide.  As the NHL playoffs progressed, a lot of the games were TBA.  When the teams involved in each became clearer it would not update to report the teams. However, I found if I fully deleted and re-imported the guide, the teams would then show. 

Would this have had an impact?

However, I found if I fully deleted and re-imported the guide, the teams would then show. 

Sounds like the guide data is changing, which would make sense. You don't need to delete and re-add. Instead just refresh the guide data from the emby server dashboard. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

keithr386

The guide is set in the Emby server to automatically refresh but does not update the data.  It adds new data further int the future, but does not replace existing data with updates. I even ran it manually.  The only way it updates those listings is if I delete it and replace it with completely fresh data. 

Edited by keithr386

• 5 months later...
keithr386

Still having this problem, even after a complete rebuild if the server. 

Any other ideas?  I have set up my refresh script to complete delete the old data and add the new data.  Some programs are fine, others still show the gray dots. 

Perhaps it is my data source (ZAP2IT)?  

Still having this problem, even after a complete rebuild if the server. 

Any other ideas?  I have set up my refresh script to complete delete the old data and add the new data.  Some programs are fine, others still show the gray dots. 

Perhaps it is my data source (ZAP2IT)?  

Yes possibly. Why not try Emby guide data? Can you please go over an example? Thanks.

keithr386

Yes possibly. Why not try Emby guide data? Can you please go over an example? Thanks.

I had not heard of Emby Data Guide until you mentioned it. I will have a look. Is it relatively new?  

It's been an option since Emby Server 4.0, so the last few versions. Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

• Solution
keithr386

It's been an option since Emby Server 4.0, so the last few versions. Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Looks like it is working great!  Recording are scheduling as needed with no "gray dots" anymore.  

Glad that Emby added that feature. A good "value add" to the product!

Keith R

• Like 1

keithr386

Hey all.  It has been several days and it appears to working fine.   Adding that Emby TV scheduling option in version 4 is proving to be a greatt value-add feature.  Thank you! 

Keith R