Updating to 4.1.0.26 keeps failing

joshcoen

joshcoen

I've tried updating from Version 4.0.3.0 to 4.1.0.26 about a dozen times and the operation keeps failing. I'm running on a Synology DS216play (DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 6). 

​After clicking update, the updater seems to be working, as it goes through these progress labels: updating, installing, updating, stopping and finally displays: Failed to update “Emby Server.” Operation failed.

I've tried restarting the DS. I've tried updating while the Emby server is running and when stopped. Trust level is set to Any Publisher and the security certificate is there. 

Any ideas on what else I can try? I'm having "freezing" issues with the current Emby version and am hoping the newest will resolve some things.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Josh

MndWrp

I still haven't been able to update. I keep getting the message that emby is not a trusted publisher, even though it is...

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by MndWrp

MndWrp

I've tried updating from Version 4.0.3.0 to 4.1.0.26 about a dozen times and the operation keeps failing. I'm running on a Synology DS216play (DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 6). 

​After clicking update, the updater seems to be working, as it goes through these progress labels: updating, installing, updating, stopping and finally displays: Failed to update “Emby Server.” Operation failed.

I've tried restarting the DS. I've tried updating while the Emby server is running and when stopped. Trust level is set to Any Publisher and the security certificate is there. 

Any ideas on what else I can try? I'm having "freezing" issues with the current Emby version and am hoping the newest will resolve some things.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Josh

Did you ever manage to make it work ?

Edited by MndWrp

joshcoen

Did you ever manage to make it work ?

Yes... and technically, no. I tried over and over at different times, thinking the glitch would clear and it would finally update. No luck. So I just uninstalled the current version and reinstalled the latest. That worked, but it required me to re-do all my settings from before. There may have been a way to reinstall while preserving all previous settings, but I'm new to this app and don't know it.

joshcoen

so if anyone cares, i did manage to update this as i was missing some dsm updates.

my bad...

Glad it worked for you!  I was all up-to-date on DSM versions, so who knows why it wasn't working for me. All's well that ends well?