Playback issues after updating server from 4.0.1 to 4.1.0

Razrector

Razrector

Hello,

I've been using Emby for quite a while without any issues that would prevent me from watching videos, etc. However, after updating the server to the latest version (4.1.0.26 on armv7 on Debian) there are some issues with video playback. Before the update, I was able to stream videos (H264 in MKV containers) without the need to transcode them. I am running the server on a RaspberryPi 3B, so transcoding would not be an option as it definitely can't happen in realtime (log attached). After the update, the videos somehow need to be transcoded in order to be played back properly. 

TranscodeReasons=ContainerNotSupported

Why is there a flag set for mkv not being supported?

Few lines higher:

2019-04-22 11:54:23.059 Info App: Profile: Unnamed, Path:*****.mkv, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True

This would not be an issue if the transcoding was happening in realtime, but its not. I tried disabling hardware acceleration in the server settings, and yes, it did prevent the transcoding process from executing, the video did start, but it was choppy, it kept buffering after three seconds of playback, which I suppose was playing OK before updating. Note that I obviously tried playing different files, with similar results.

I have to note that I am using an app remotely, yes, connections both on the server and client side are an another variable in the process, but I highly doubt it could have such an impact, this wasn't happening before. I'll test it in a few days using local connection and post the result here.

Attaching emby and ffmpeg logs (I replaced my IP with some text for safety reasons).

Thanks for the help.

--Edit:

I've found some older logs from previous server version, the transcode flag was still set, but it wasn't transcoding the file but "StreamTranscode". I also attached the old logs.

embyLog.txt

ffmpegLog.txt

oldFfmpegLog.txt

oldEmbyLog.txt

Edited by Razrector

Razrector

I'm back home and I'm facing the issues on my local network aswell. I am using Emby web app on my laptop and Emby for LG WebOS, both having the same issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Razrector

Hello,

apparentely, the issue is gone with the update, thank you for resolving it.

I have one more question, though. Emby dosen't play some of my MKV files, no matter what client I use, they don't work on my LGWebOS and Emby Web client. How can I specifically check what causes the issue? Is there a specific codec not being supported, or the media is poorly encoded? I was looking around the logs provided and couldn't seem to find any info on what exactly causes the media to not be played at all. Of course, when I play the media straight from my drive with MPC/VLC the videos seem to work properly. If such info is logged, where should I look for the causes of the problem?