Emby Theater and Logitech Harmony Hub/Elite remote

Michael.D.Pine

Michael.D.Pine

Hi,

this is really hard to find any information about, so I guess I am doing something very wrong and it should be really easy.

I am setting up a new HTPC and have Emby server and Theater running great.

On now to getting it work with my Logitech Harmony Hub but nothing seems to work.

I did find somewhere about using the old "Microsoft/Media Center PC SE" or the one I have used for my old PC.

I have the Hub connected via Bluetooth to the PC running Emby, but nothing will work in terms of the buttons

Does this sound right am I supposed to do anything with Emby Theater or the server to get it to work or should it just work ?

Have the Hub sitting right in front of the PC with the bluetooth dongle in it. I have a Logitech USB receiver also plugged in that I use for the Keyboard/Mouse would that cause any issues ?

thanks for any advice, not sure what to do next :(

cheers

Michael

Michael.D.Pine

Hi what do you mean by nothing seems to work? What have you tried?

So I have configured a media center see device, created an activity and setup the hub connected via Bluetooth to the PC, yet pressing any button on the remote does nothing in emby theater, so I'm obviously doing something very wrong ?

Is that all there should to it ? Or am I missing something ?

thelangs

Same question/problem..  I talked with Harmony support and they state the HUB ONLY controls the keyboard via Bluetooth, not the mouse.  If this is true, how are other people using harmony with ET?

Michael.D.Pine

Yes connected via Bluetooth and looking in Bluetooth devices it says it is connected to the harmony hub

Michael.D.Pine

I have a harmony remote and hub, and it works well with Theater.

Awesome, is there chance you could just bullet point the steps you took ? I have a feeling it's something in the harmony setup but the only thing I can add is a media center PC. Are you using a harmony hub and Bluetooth or another mechanism ?

Michael.D.Pine

Same question/problem.. I talked with Harmony support and they state the HUB ONLY controls the keyboard via Bluetooth, not the mouse. If this is true, how are other people using harmony with ET?

Which is fine as well because I found a link to a GitHub site that has all the keyboard short cuts to map ? Oh wait! Is that what I have to do!?!?!?!! Lol

Michael.D.Pine

Ok so are you able to explain how you got them Workin like what you did or are you not going to say, you just keep telling me they work fine, which is great for you but not for me :(

Guest asrequested

Awesome, is there chance you could just bullet point the steps you took ? I have a feeling it's something in the harmony setup but the only thing I can add is a media center PC. Are you using a harmony hub and Bluetooth or another mechanism ?

You have to add a Windows computer, not any particular app. You are using the new harmony software, right?

Michael.D.Pine

Yes, the new software. I tried adding a computer but that just adds a computer, do I then have to map all the keyboard short cuts which will send the appropriate emby keyboard shortcuts depending on which button I press ?

thelangs

What keyboard commands did you add to the remote to simulate the mouse (right-click), and "tabbing" over to the movie selection ?

and are you using the desktop ET or the one from the store ?

Edited by thelangs

thelangs

Michael, I was asking doofus the question.

So Again: Doofus

What keyboard commands did you add to the remote to simulate the mouse (right-click), and "tabbing" over to the movie selection ?

and are you using the desktop ET or the one from the store ?

Michael.D.Pine

I'm going to be trying this tonight though, add a computer and then, map a couple of commands and see what happens, I think that is the problem, by the sounds of it, that should work fine with Emby Theater, here is a link to the GitHub site I found with the keyboard commands if you need them. There is so little documentation/information about it, it kind of just seems like it will magically work and Logitech probably aren't really going to care I reckon but was good you called them. I might even try calling them, if I don't get anywhere.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Keyboard-and-Remote-Support

Edited by Michael.D.Pine

Guest asrequested

Once you add a computer, the basic buttons are already set. Then you can map whatever other buttons you want. Sorry for the delay, I'm just finishing work. But it looks like you guys are figuring it out. I can post screenshots later, of you guys need?

thelangs

Well, I found how to make it work.  In setting, make the display mode Auto or TV..  The remote works fine. Display mode as "desktop" it doesn't work.  Perhaps the designers can shed some light on this.

I am using the desktop version, not the store one.

Michael.D.Pine

Ok, I don't get the difference between the desktop and store, thought they would be the same but I will give that a go tonight first, thanks for the information very useful. Seems pretty horrible and would be nice if there was some information somewhere.

Michael.D.Pine

Once you add a computer, the basic buttons are already set. Then you can map whatever other buttons you want. Sorry for the delay, I'm just finishing work. But it looks like you guys are figuring it out. I can post screenshots later, of you guys need?

Well not sure, I have to try when I get home from work as well (the whole time delay thing) :) But when I get home I will uninstall the Windows Store Version, download install and setup the Desktop version and see how I go from there, so will let you know ASAP, will also include "thelangs" information about setting the display mode to Auto or TV, hopefully it works from there. Fingers crossed that is all it will need, I'm ok with mapping keys/commans etc, done that before I just want to get the basic command set going first, that will be great!

lightsout

I also have it working through Bluetooth, with the device setup as a windows PC. I then went to my Emby theater shortcut and set up a keyboard shortcut. Something like Ctrl alt 1. I then mapped that command to a long press on the number 1 on my remote. So that's how I launch ET. I haven't done any other custom commands but you can do plenty to whatever button you want on the remote.