Emby mobile app v3.0.45

Docker Debian OMV 3.0.99 (erasmus)

Emby Server: 4.1.0.26

Repro:

1. Queue a large season series from a single package on sonarr
  2. Monitor download client as it unpacks the file
  3. Open emby and attempt to stream it as a test

Actual Behavior:

Numerous shows for a few seasons that were recently uploaded to the server within the same hour or two show green screens with the expected audio. I potentially streamed some episodes as a test while the folders were copying over / renaming to the designated emby media folders. Maybe the files had already completed copying over and the server was still scanning it, though I did not force a manual library scan but I was quick to test it while monitoring my download client. 

What I know...

1. The original device that I used to test the media (my pixel XL) shows a green screen even though every other device I've checked including my friend's nexus 6p and my wife's pixel 2xl plays the same file just fine as well as my nvidia shield and chrome browsers. 

2. I've tried clearing cache and memory on the android emby app. I've also uninstall the app and reinstalled. I've tried rebooting my phone a few times. The video is still green for every episode I checked within 3 folder seasons on my phone only and they play fine everywhere else. 

Expected Behavior:

No green screen. Video plays without issues.

greenScrn.txt

post-149765-0-95844100-1555895611_thumb.jpg

Hi, can you provide a copy of the media info for this file from the web app detail screen? thanks.

Does the original pixel xl support hevc main 10? Perhaps it is direct playing when it should be transcoding.

teiva

@@Luke - You are correct on both assumptions. I was able to reproduce the behavior on some older media that is hevc main 10. Yeah the green screen behavior occurs when it's direct playing only. Picture comes through fine when it's transcoding. I had to turn the quality really low to get it to transcode.