Some movies fail to play through Kodi but work through web interface

floppyhat

floppyhat

When I try to play some of the movies in my collection through Kodi, it pauses for up to 30 seconds and then says "one or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information".

The same movies play through the web interface just fine (but sitting in front of a computer with no surround sound is not a great way to watch!)

The attached file shows what I'm getting in the logs — the movie in question didn't have an extrafanart folder. When I added some, the vast bulk of the errors went away, and I was left with this:

2019-04-19 19:31:42.007 T:3309003488 WARNING: <[ webservice/3651250816/0 ]
2019-04-19 19:31:42.009 T:4071231488   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [http://127.0.0.1:57578/emby/kodi/movies/85455/file.strm?KodiId=612&Name=redacted.mkv&Id=85455]

"mkvmerge -i" shows this:

Track ID 0: video (MPEG-4p10/AVC/h.264)
Track ID 1: audio (DTS-HD Master Audio)
Track ID 2: subtitles (SubRip/SRT)
Track ID 3: subtitles (SubRip/SRT)
Track ID 4: subtitles (SubRip/SRT)
Track ID 5: subtitles (HDMV PGS)
Attachment ID 1: type 'image/jpeg', size 5037 bytes, file name 'small_cover.jpg'
Attachment ID 2: type 'image/jpeg', size 8562 bytes, file name 'small_cover_land.jpg'
Attachment ID 3: type 'image/jpeg', size 23754 bytes, file name 'cover.jpg'
Attachment ID 4: type 'image/jpeg', size 24552 bytes, file name 'cover_land.jpg'
Chapters: 16 entries

Nothing in that seems particularly challenging.

Does anybody know what might be causing this? I'm using plugin v4.0.14a on the latest OSMC Leia build, running on a Vero 4K+ (if the hardware makes a difference for some reason).

Thanks!

kodi.log

sualfred

Please always post a log. Snippets are mostly useless because of the lack of important information.

Angelblue05

Thank you for providing your log. I will work on a fix (caused by non ascii characters in the path to the file. I see a few issues peppered here and there in your log, so give me a bit to review your scenario.

Angelblue05

@@floppyhat

Can you retry with 4.0.15 and let me know if the issue persist. If it does, can you provide a complete Kodi log. Feel free to pm me. i made a few adjustments but I'm not sure if I managed to resolved your issue or not. Let me know.

floppyhat

Afraid there's no difference for me — I still get the same errors.

I've sent the log by PM.

Thanks!