Remove items from the new update

igeoorge
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

igeoorge

Hi friends

With a new update appeared a rather annoying feature for me.

is it possible to remove the check box or remove the whole set?

sad.png

• Solution
Happy2Play

Sure it is the multi select option that to many people couldn't find so now it is visible.

/*Remove multi-select checkbox option*/
label[data-action="multiselect"] {display: none;}

or

label.chkCardSelectContainer {display: none;}

This removes the box option from everywhere, but it can be targeted if needed.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 5

• 4 months later...
Matt Fabiani

Sure it is the multi select option that to many people couldn't find so now it is visible.

/*Remove multi-select checkbox option*/

or

label.chkCardSelectContainer {display: none;}

But in mobile phones you can still select. Is there any solution?

Happy2Play

But in mobile phones you can still select. Is there any solution?

Sorry I don't use Emby on mobile phones, but in the Chrome console device emulator they do not appear.  Would need a specific example.

But you know custom css only applies to browser ip/ddns:port connections.  Not any device app or app.emby.media connection.

Matt Fabiani

Sorry I don't use Emby on mobile phones, but in the Chrome console device emulator they do not appear.  Would need a specific example.

But you know custom css only applies to browser ip/ddns:port connections.  Not any device app or app.emby.media connection.

chek.jpg 

Happy2Play

That code in the image is for itemselect, so that is after something is already selected ie your one item with a check already.  I can not get to that point at least from a browser as the box is not available with the code above.  But yes this code will not deactivate multi-select once it is activated.

So is the code on mobile different then desktop?  I guess it could be targeted a different way similar to the label in the hover box but shouldn't be needed.  I tested on a iphone 7 that I have laying around and there are no multi-select boxes via Safari on the device with the above code.

5d67106b98ebb_select.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

Matt Fabiani

That code in the image is for itemselect, so that is after something is already selected ie your one item with a check already.  I can not get to that point at least from a browser as the box is not available with the code above.  But yes this code will not deactivate multi-select once it is activated.

So is the code on mobile different then desktop?  I guess it could be targeted a different way similar to the label in the hover box but shouldn't be needed.  I tested on a iphone 7 that I have laying around and there are no multi-select boxes via Safari on the device with the above code.

5d67106b98ebb_select.jpg

multiselect2.jpg

Happy2Play

multiselect2.jpg

Sorry I don't understand as your image is of something already selected (itemselectpanel need to see "cardOverlayContainer itemAction").  That code snippet is only shown once something is selected.  You need to show the code for the select box with nothing actually selected.

The Multi-select code prevents activation of multi-select where your images are of multi-select activated with itemselect boxes.  I can't reproduce what you are getting without disabling the code above.

• Like 1

Matt Fabiani

Sorry I don't understand as your image is of something already selected (itemselectpanel need to see "cardOverlayContainer itemAction").  That code snippet is only shown once something is selected.  You need to show the code for the select box with nothing actually selected.

The Multi-select code prevents activation of multi-select where your images are of multi-select activated with itemselect boxes.  I can't reproduce what you are getting without disabling the code above.

multiselect3.jpg

multiselect4.jpg

Happy2Play

multiselect3.jpg

multiselect4.jpg

How are you activating the multi-select boxes?  Is it via the corner box or via the dialog box and selecting Mutli-select button in the dialog box?

Matt Fabiani

How are you activating the multi-select boxes?  Is it via the corner box or via the dialog box and selecting Mutli-select button in the dialog box?

I press and hold on a cover.

Happy2Play

I press and hold on a cover.

So a menu opens correct? 

Or is that action activating multi-select?  If this is happening I would have to ask what server version number are you on as that action was changed awhile back unless it only happens on mobile devices.  

Okay it appears I have to refresh the browser console when toggling devices.  As Multi-select is in dialog box on mobile and directly on card on desktop.

5d672ca74748d_mobile.jpg

If my understanding is correct one is label and the other is button.

/*Remove multi-select option mobile*/
button[data-id="multiselect"] {display: none;}

/*Remove multi-select from desktop*/

or

/*Mobile and Desktop*/
[data-action="multiselect"], [data-id="multiselect"] {display: none;}

Edited by Happy2Play
mistake in copy paste one is id other is action

• 7 months later...
Onoitsu2

Sadly the latest version of Emby seems to have broken this. I being a css basic user can only tweak things from what you've graciously provided. However any changes I've made using inspector in Chrome to track down that multi-select element have been fruitless. Perhaps you can toss together another block of css that can block that out, as I hate that multi-select option being there are all.

Happy2Play

Sadly the latest version of Emby seems to have broken this. I being a css basic user can only tweak things from what you've graciously provided. However any changes I've made using inspector in Chrome to track down that multi-select element have been fruitless. Perhaps you can toss together another block of css that can block that out, as I hate that multi-select option being there are all.

Haven't really looked but there is code somewhere overriding the css so the easiest fix is adding "!important" to the code above.

The server code for ".chkCardSelectContainer" is set to "!important" so we have to override existing code.

/*Remove multi-select option mobile*/
button[data-id="multiselect"] {display: none !important;}

/*Remove multi-select from desktop*/
label[data-action="multiselect"] {display: none !important;}

or

/*Mobile and Desktop*/
[data-action="multiselect"], [data-id="multiselect"] {display: none !important;}
Edited by Happy2Play

Onoitsu2

Haven't really looked but there is code somewhere overriding the css so the easiest fix is adding "!important" to the code above.

You're right, that's how much of a noob I am with CSS. Thank you. I've been able to tweak in minor changes of colors and positions and such, but things like that are not in my wheelhouse of known tech skills.