Photo

Playback Correction?

Best Answer ebr , 17 April 2019 - 09:15 AM

Hi.  The app does automatically recover from errors it knows about but "stuttering" isn't really an error as far as the player is concerned.  So, that's why we have this option available - so you can recover.

What it does is try a different method of playback (like remuxing or transcoding).

The option really should put up a message box that says something like "Is the current item experiencing playback problems?" with a yes/no so that it is obvious what the option is for.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skidmarks OFFLINE  

skidmarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Local time: 01:06 AM

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:42 AM

Guys what on earth does Playback correction do in playback options?  I have one TV series that stutters like crazy, but when i found this option and tried it the show runs perfectly!

Was just curious as i don't recall ever reading about this in the past...

Works great for this show.  And why isn't it just a automatic function of the roku app?

Thanks folks!

Edited by skidmarks, 17 April 2019 - 07:44 AM.

#2 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 44185 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 09:15 AM   Best Answer

Hi.  The app does automatically recover from errors it knows about but "stuttering" isn't really an error as far as the player is concerned.  So, that's why we have this option available - so you can recover.

What it does is try a different method of playback (like remuxing or transcoding).

The option really should put up a message box that says something like "Is the current item experiencing playback problems?" with a yes/no so that it is obvious what the option is for.

• skidmarks likes this

#3 skidmarks OFFLINE  

skidmarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 12:47 PM

Before i tried this black magic known as Playback Correction i went in and changed the stream to get the stuttering to stop.  I dont remember but i had to really dumb down the stream.  I noticed this option and figured what the heck.  With playback correction i didn't have to change the rate and it worked perfect.  Noticed a very brief moment where the video played before the audio syched up.

Nice Feature!  And thanks for the explanation...  (maybe i'll re-encode this show, someday)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users