Emby server just stops responding from all devices

deallier

Happy2Play

So lets see, is looking a few inches higher on screen at the top of your listings, easier or harder, then backing out of everything, goin to dashboard, scrolling to reports, wait for that to come up, JUST to see what your current listing count is . THEN clicking home button, watch spinning circle for who knows how long to get your my media section, then clicking tv movie or collection or however you set it up, watch a spinning circle for a few more minutes, then finally get to your listings.

Happy2play, why did luke delete my post, of what you quoted and answered ?

Your other topic explains why, but your posts has nothing to do with this topic.  So keep on topic or move on.

x88dually

Always update to the latest version, because it never breaks things.....LOL

Thats related

And my deleted post was related, because op was instructed to delete stats plug in. which goes back to counters.

Edited by x88dually

x88dually

Please try removing the dlna and statistics plugins and see if that helps. Thanks.

see, stats plug in, which leads to counters

Related

Edited by x88dually

see, stats plug in, which leads to counters

Related

Sorry what do you mean by this?

x88dually

I asked happy2play why you deleted me post, he said it wasnt relivent to this thread, but it is since new version server has no counter, and you're telling OP to delete stats plugin. So how do you know what you have  ? COUNTERS  See

Happy2Play

I asked happy2play why you deleted me post, he said it wasnt relivent to this thread, but it is since new version server has no counter, and you're telling OP to delete stats plugin. So how do you know what you have  ? COUNTERS  See

The removal of plugins is for troubleshooting the issue and nothing to do with item counts.  So if removing the plugin makes not difference then troubleshooting can be focused elsewhere.

Edited by Happy2Play

deallier

Please attach an emby server log after having done that. Thanks.

Hi Luke  sorry it took so long to get back to you

so here is the new server log

so on this one i did a search and the server stopped  Responding for about 3 Min

and then came back on its own

this problem really needs to be sorted out because it is not like i can stop people using the search function on if they do it stops the server for everyone and this can happen 5 - 10 times a day it only seems to affect searches done with Emby Android TV and only from Version 4 of the Server

please Sort this bug out

thanks       

embyserver.txt

Hi.  This is an issue only on some systems with global searches in that app.  We will be updating the app to hopefully take care of it.  Please watch the beta forum for Android TV.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
happpyg

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Hey luke, since I removed the coverart plugin i've not had the issue again.  Previously browsing through movie lists in the web client would regularly cause Emby to stop responding.  Is this a known issue?  I made sure I was on the latest version of coverart before I removed it.

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. As soon as Emby Server 4.2 is released, please try Cover Art again. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
deallier

Hi Luke

i am still getting the same problem having to restart the server 2 - 3 times a day because of the search problem and it is really starting to P me off because i am now starting to lose clientes,

i dont think anyone is really looking into the problem,

this kind of problem should be a priority anything that affects the stability of the server ie memory leak , unexpected freezing / shutting down should be dealt with first.

so can i please get an update to this problem and when it may be fixed

thank you

D Allier

Hi Luke

i am still getting the same problem having to restart the server 2 - 3 times a day because of the search problem and it is really starting to P me off because i am now starting to lose clientes,

i dont think anyone is really looking into the problem,

this kind of problem should be a priority anything that affects the stability of the server ie memory leak , unexpected freezing / shutting down should be dealt with first.

so can i please get an update to this problem and when it may be fixed

thank you

D Allier

Hi, your last log was from 4.1.0.26. Have you updated to 4.1.1? Additionally, I notice you customized your server cache folder, but the server is being denied write access to this location:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\Cache\Temp Cache\cache\httpclient\0fb243ded9649ae6d18059c674a4ae00' is denied.

That is pretty much guaranteed to cause problems so I make sure to clear that up. Thanks.

deallier

hi

yes i did update to 4.1.1 and it made no difference

i have set the cache back to default restarted emby checked the log no error

and that error log is from a test server not the main one and i check the log for that error and it wasn't there ( both are setup the same and do the same thing )

but it is still stopped  Responding after a search

how ever i tried the Beta 4.2.0.21 on an other machine and that seems to work well sort of at least i doesn't crash the server

hi

yes i did update to 4.1.1 and it made no difference

i have set the cache back to default restarted emby checked the log no error

and that error log is from a test server not the main one and i check the log for that error and it wasn't there ( both are setup the same and do the same thing )

but it is still stopped  Responding after a search

If you can provide a log example of this that would be great, thanks.