Emby server just stops responding from all devices

deallier

deallier

Hi

having a bit of a problem for no reason at all today the Emby server just stops responding from all devices i have no idea why as nothing has changed i am running V 4.0.3.0.

i only access it sever remotely, i have inc a log file the problem happened around  17:45 in the log

thanks 

Ok, I don't see anything obvious here. Can you try removing the Statistics plugin, and then restarting the server? Please see if that helps. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
happpyg

Hi Luke, I have been having the same issue since I upgraded to 4.1.0.26.   About 4 times now since I upgraded at random emby has stopped responding to all clients, once I was in the middle of watching a movie and it just bombed out.  It is still running in the system tray but doesn't respond even on the server itself.  The log file has just stopped recording events at the time emby stopped responding, restarting brings it back straight away.

2 logs attached if that helps?

Thanks

embyserver.1.txt

embyserver.2.txt

deallier

Hi

just an update the day after i posted this i found that the Hardware trans coding  was enabled that was not done by me so i disabled it and now it work fine and has not happened since

hope this helps you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luke, I have been having the same issue since I upgraded to 4.1.0.26.   About 4 times now since I upgraded at random emby has stopped responding to all clients, once I was in the middle of watching a movie and it just bombed out.  It is still running in the system tray but doesn't respond even on the server itself.  The log file has just stopped recording events at the time emby stopped responding, restarting brings it back straight away.

2 logs attached if that helps?

Thanks

@@happpyg I don't see anything obvious here, but a couple things you can try:

• Uninstall the CoverArt plugin and then restart the server
  • If that doesn't help, try doing the same for the Kodi companion and ServerWMC plugins
  • The beta server has some image processing fixes that may also have an impact, in case you'd like to try that. 

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

happpyg

@@happpyg I don't see anything obvious here, but a couple things you can try:

• Uninstall the CoverArt plugin and then restart the server
  • If that doesn't help, try doing the same for the Kodi companion and ServerWMC plugins
  • The beta server has some image processing fixes that may also have an impact, in case you'd like to try that. 

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

Thanks Luke, I see a new version of CoverArt has just dropped.  I'll leave things just for now to see if that fixes it and do as you suggest if I experience this again.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
deallier

Hi Luke

i am still having problems with the server being unresponsive

i was running  V 4.1.0.26 and it would happen once every day or two  

so today i updated to Version 4.1.1.0 and it has become unresponsive 4 times in a space of an hour

this is not good especially as i have a lot of people that use this server so having to restart it ten times a day would be  unacceptable

so what do you think would cause this and     what can i do to help stop this from happening

help gratefully accepted

thanks  

embyserver-63693771632.txt

Please try removing the dlna and statistics plugins and see if that helps. Thanks.

deallier

Hi

i uninstalled the statistics plugin i also turned off the automatic port mapping as i do that manually anyhow and so far ok

i will keep you posted

thanks

Even better then turning off, if you don't need those features you can uninstall the plugins for them entirely.

deallier

Hi Luke

i think i have found a problem i have a second server that is setup exactly the same as the first

now if i try to search using Mic as i am using Mi-box3 with Emby for android TV it will freeze the server and it will become unresponsive to all users,

the only way then is to restart the server or leave it and it starts to respond again after about 5 mins

the eror message on the Mi-box3 is

volley error

com.android.volley.timeouterror

hope this helps

mopa9700

Hi Luke

i think i have found a problem i have a second server that is setup exactly the same as the first

now if i try to search using Mic as i am using Mi-box3 with Emby for android TV it will freeze the server and it will become unresponsive to all users,

the only way then is to restart the server or leave it and it starts to respond again after about 5 mins

the eror message on the Mi-box3 is

volley error

com.android.volley.timeouterror

hope this helps

having a bit of a problem for no reason at all today the Emby server just stops responding from all devices i have no idea why as nothing has changed i am running V 4.0.3.0.

Edited by CBers

Hi there @@mopa9700 let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks !

Hi again

here is a Log file

the only thing i did was a search and it became unresponsive for about 10 mins

Hi there @@deallier, please try uninstalling the following plugins:

2019-05-18 21:26:26.246 Info App: Loading Emby.Dlna, Version=1.0.13.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\dea-admin.MovieBoxTV\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\Emby.Dlna.dll
2019-05-18 21:26:26.246 Info App: Loading statistics, Version=2.0.9.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\dea-admin.MovieBoxTV\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\Statistics.dll

Then restart Emby Server and see if the issue remains after that. Thanks !

deallier

hi

did that and it made no difference

it seems that only Emby for android TV app will have this effect

using web browser or Emby for android app works fine

Edited by deallier

deallier

Hi me again

so i have done some testing and it would seem that the problem started from V 4 of emby server, upto Emby-Server3.2.70.1 the search on android TV app was working fine

something  to look into for you

let me know what you find

thanks

Edited by deallier

hi

did that and it made no difference

it seems that only Emby for android TV app will have this effect

using web browser or Emby for android app works fine

Please attach an emby server log after having done that. Thanks.

Happy2Play

Remember guys, updating to the latest version is always better. LOL

Luke, with the stats plugin uninstalled and NO counters anymore.

How does a paying customer know how many TV shows or Movies they have ???

Since you took that from us for no apparent reason.

OT:  well as stated in dozens of other posts they will return.  You have item counts in the Reports plugin also.  :) 

x88dually

So lets see, is looking a few inches higher on screen at the top of your listings, easier or harder, then backing out of everything, goin to dashboard, scrolling to reports, wait for that to come up, JUST to see what your current listing count is . THEN clicking home button, watch spinning circle for who knows how long to get your my media section, then clicking tv movie or collection or however you set it up, watch a spinning circle for a few more minutes, then finally get to your listings.

Happy2play, why did luke delete my post, of what you quoted and answered ?

Edited by x88dually

x88dually

Remember people, always update to the latest version, because it never breaks things.....LOL