IPTV Plugin users

fizzyade

fizzyade

If it can't direct play then it's not a big surprise.

as i’ve said many times, it does direct play to both iOS and nvidia shield.

fizzyade

How do you import the cameras into tvh?

i’ve tried both the IPTV plugin and also the LiveTv source pointing at an m3u i created.

both behave identically.

Edit:

As mentioned previously, VLC on iPad starts the stream instantly.

Same rtsp stream in Emby takes 10 seconds to start. (the stream i attached a photo of just now)

Edited by fizzyade

fizzyade

Ok if it's rtsp we run that protocol through ffmpeg. Does the camera not have http output?

I don’t thin like so, I will have to check, it’s a UniFi G3 Pro. I think we are getting to the root cause of the problem, it’s direct streaming the cctv, using FFmpeg to modify the container, this is causing the lag.

If I watch a live tv programme on iOS it is direct playing, the Lag is 3 seconds which I assume is to do with buffering (I’m also guessing that it doesn’t run through FFmpeg but I can’t check that right now), it I could get that down to 1 second then it would be reasonable for live tv.

I do appreciate your help in this and working through the issue.

• 3 months later...
justin_looking_glass

Did you figure out anything with your cameras?  I'm brand new to Emby and found this forum doing a search, you and I have the exact same cameras and so if you found a solution I'm thinking it would be similar to the answer I'm looking for.

AYEHAN

@@Luke or the developer of the IPTV plugin

I put a live stream in IPTV from some IPTV Provider it works greag which raises a question ... 

What if 2 or more People watch the same channel( i generated the webtv list so added individual channels) will it hit the IPTV providers as 2 sepearte conmections or Emby act as Re-Stream Server

Yes the IPTV plugin does not have any stream sharing features, so two users means two connection.

Our Live TV m3u features do have stream sharing features though.