Photo

SSL Error After Move

SSL SSL ERROR

Best Answer NerdGuy85 , 15 April 2019 - 08:08 PM

Nevermind, I didn't check the port. It's working. The issue was with the corrupt user profile where it was originally installed. Topic closed. Thanks for the help.

Apparently, the user account where I installed Emby the user profile crashed and when I was logging in with the admin user it was logging into a new user folder. I was able to get this issue resolved by running Emby as service using the original admin user folder. I decided to create an Emby user and copied all the programdata files, the issue has returned with the SSL. I tested this and it was working properly under the original user account but now under the emby user account, it's not.

Any suggestions?

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 NerdGuy85 OFFLINE  

NerdGuy85

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Local time: 11:28 PM
  • LocationCoral Springs, FL

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:50 PM

Afternoon,

Over the weekend I spun up a new server and successfully moved my Emby installation over or so I thought. I've been able to connect internally without an issue, I recently attempted to connect outside my home and realized it wasn't working properly. From a web browser, I'm getting an ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR. 

I performed these steps so far:

* Removed SSL setting

* Restarted Emby Server after all setting changes

* Removed need for SSL, was able to connect on none secure port.

* Tested the SSL cert & verified the password.

Figured I'd reach out, this forum has been amazing with all my support needs.

Thanks

#2 pwhodges OFFLINE  

pwhodges

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Local time: 04:28 AM
  • LocationOxford, UK

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:54 PM

Is the SSL port being forwarded to your new server?

#3 NerdGuy85 OFFLINE  

NerdGuy85

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:01 PM

yup, the new server was the replacement so it has the same IP.

Is the SSL port being forwarded to your new server?

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 128649 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:03 PM

Server log?

#5 NerdGuy85 OFFLINE  

NerdGuy85

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:11 PM

Server log?

Sent PM

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 128649 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:19 PM

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x8009030D): The credentials supplied to the package were not recognized
	   at System.Net.SSPIWrapper.AcquireCredentialsHandle(SSPIInterface secModule, String package, CredentialUse intent, SCHANNEL_CRED scc)

The error seems to suggest that the SSL certificate password is not configured correctly.

#7 NerdGuy85 OFFLINE  

NerdGuy85

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:40 PM

I test imported that same certificate file on another system using the same password and imported perfectly. I even attempted with a wrong password and of course, the import failed.

I re-typed the password slowly and carefully thinking maybe I fat fingered it in, I'm still getting the same error.

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x8009030D): The credentials supplied to the package were not recognized
	   at System.Net.SSPIWrapper.AcquireCredentialsHandle(SSPIInterface secModule, String package, CredentialUse intent, SCHANNEL_CRED scc)

The error seems to suggest that the SSL certificate password is not configured correctly.

#8 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 128649 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:06 PM

Perhaps browser auto-complete features are interfering? try configuring with another browser.

#9 NerdGuy85 OFFLINE  

NerdGuy85

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:12 PM

Good point. Just tried and nope that wasn't it.

Perhaps browser auto-complete features are interfering? try configuring with another browser.

Now, I just noticed internally the secured connection doesn't work either. Also getting an SSL error message.

#10 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 128649 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:13 PM

Now, I just noticed internally the secured connection doesn't work either. 

If the password is not configured correctly then this would be expected that it would not work internally.

#11 NerdGuy85 OFFLINE  

NerdGuy85

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:22 PM

If the password is not configured correctly then this would be expected that it would not work internally.

Well of course but I tested it after I re-entered the password using a different browser.

#12 NerdGuy85 OFFLINE  

NerdGuy85

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:52 PM

Apparently, the user account where I installed Emby the user profile crashed and when I was logging in with the admin user it was logging into a new user folder. I was able to get this issue resolved by running Emby as service using the original admin user folder. I decided to create an Emby user and copied all the programdata files, the issue has returned with the SSL. I tested this and it was working properly under the original user account but now under the emby user account, it's not.

Any suggestions?

#13 NerdGuy85 OFFLINE  

NerdGuy85

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:08 PM   Best Answer

Nevermind, I didn't check the port. It's working. The issue was with the corrupt user profile where it was originally installed. Topic closed. Thanks for the help.

Any suggestions?

#14 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 128649 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SSL, SSL ERROR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users