More transparency in the "Identify" process.

jeremymeyers

jeremymeyers

Lately the process to download images and metadata based on a successful manual "identify" is taking upward of 5-6 minutes, and the only client-side indicator is the spinning circle.

Woudl it be possible to have more of a progress bar that shows the different stages?

My suggestion would be

- "searching"

-  Successfully Identified via [tvdb, imdb, etc] (or "failed to identify given search parameters"

- Downloading Metadata

- Downloading Cast Images

- Downloading Cover art

- Downloading Background (if applicable)

- Populating.... ("Replacing Images" if checked)...  Done!

with a notification of a fail state and possibly the number of assets being downloaded (if the API for each individual site allows)

Thanks

post-38004-0-91490300-1555261642_thumb.png

• Like 2

Hi, yes i do agree that this would be helpful, although i can take a guess at the likely reason. It does a full metadata refresh, so if you'e enabled features like thumbnail/chapter image extraction, that might be happening at that point.

jeremymeyers

Ahhh that may be why, and also why a progress bar would be useful!.   Maybe there could be a dropdown? "Replace all images and metadata" "Replace all images" "Replace cover and background".

Also, the language 'replace' is not always applicable especially if the identify is because a library scan didn't recognize it (due to a vague filename, for example).  But that's relatively minor.