Android mobile - font / text size adjust

attaboydave

attaboydave

My cheap phone has a 4.7-inch display with 540 x 960 pixels.  On the Android player I can read the text like artist, album and song title fine from a foot or so away, but when the device is mounted on the dash about 2.5 feet or so, I have more difficulty reading the text.

Would it be possible to include a font or text size setting?  I just need it for artist, album, and song, but more customization is better.  I'm fine with more space between objects, cut-off text, or wonky screen effects due to this, but it would mostly improve usability for me and I'm sure those people who want to use it as a car player.  Android TV app is not an option as I can't mount the phone horizontally, plus that interface is not optimized for touch.

Thanks as usual for the impressive and ongoing development.

Edited by attaboydave
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
attaboydave

Bumping this request as the problem remains when attempting to use the music player while driving, which is when I'm most eager to get to my albums & audiobooks.  All my artists' icons are tough to tell apart, and the text is extremely tiny from dash to driver's eyes, so scrolling to the name I want can take plenty of glances and changes of focus to read.  The index on the right is unusable as the phone mount prevents a fine finger touch to get to that letter.

Maybe think GPS-style or car entertainment controls as an option.  I read in the forum that there were other interfaces with newer head units, but a simple touch-friendly, fast-scrolling, easy-indexed, large font solution would be most welcome.

Maybe even a separate app for this low-vision or mounted use?  i.e. "Emby EasyNav" or some such.  Graphics & art not necessary for this app/interface/GUI 🙂

Thanks!

Edited by attaboydave

attaboydave

Sorry, I should have used the term "thumbnails" - I have a band or artist picture for each album artist, but 1000 1x1" portraits of 3-4 people standing somewhere can be difficult to tell apart and don't give enough information, thus the reliance on the text underneath...