User Management: Enhance Users Page

Q-Droid

Q-Droid

This is a request to enhance the Users page under server management to include more info "at a glance" on the main view. A number of discussions in the forums have brought to light that many users don't know or can't tell whether accounts have passwords, remote access or other settings enabled. The way to get this info now is to check each individual account and as I see it the more users someone has on their server the more tedious it becomes to find who has what.

The icons and attributes chosen are just suggestions to represent what I have in mind but others might prefer different settings to display or other visual ways to show the same info.

After I created the image below I found in the Wiki that accounts linked with Emby Connect already display a cloud icon. Again, the UI is not my area of expertise and this is just a napkin example.

Description of each icon from left to right:

- account has password

- account pin enabled

- remote connections enabled

- account linked to Emby Connect

- account can manage server (admin)

Thanks in advance

5cb216f0474eb_5cafeaa2c2cce_embyusers4.p

• Like 8

runtimesandbox

This is a request to enhance the Users page under server management to include more info "at a glance" on the main view. A number of discussions in the forums have brought to light that many users don't know or can't tell whether accounts have passwords, remote access or other settings enabled. The way to get this info now is to check each individual account and as I see it the more users someone has on their server the more tedious it becomes to find who has what.

The icons and attributes chosen are just suggestions to represent what I have in mind but others might prefer different settings to display or other visual ways to show the same info.

After I created the image below I found in the Wiki that accounts linked with Emby Connect already display a cloud icon. Again, the UI is not my area of expertise and this is just a napkin example.

Description of each icon from left to right:

- account has password

- account pin enabled

- remote connections enabled

- account linked to Emby Connect

- account can manage server (admin)

Thanks in advance

5cb216f0474eb_5cafeaa2c2cce_embyusers4.p

Got to say I really like this design using the small green icons

One thing I would add is for it to tell you what it is when you over a green icon