"Conversion failed" for Some Videos + Cannot Upload Logs

darkarn

darkarn

Hi, I am testing Emby and Plex and deciding between either solution to go with, and I must say it is pretty tight! :D

Anyway, I am getting a strange issue whereby some files will not be able to be played at all within Emby for Kodi, giving me this particular error that I can find within the server-side logs

Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?): Muxer not found
Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- 
Conversion failed!

Plex within Kodi and all other Emby/Plex devices have no issues playing these videos. More bizarrely, it is only some videos from some folders, with each containing videos of the same specs (dimensions, codecs) that will have the same issue. For example, consider this Library structure:

/Library A/Video 1
/Library A/Folder 1/Video 1
/Library A/Folder 1/Video 2
/Library A/Folder 2/Video A
/Library A/Folder 2/Video B
/Library A/Folder 2/Video C

Only "/Library A/Folder 1/Video 1" and "/Library A/Folder 2/Video B" are affected by the problem instead of say, all of Folder 2.

I am aware that I need to upload logs within Kodi for such troubleshooting but I am unable to do so at all as I cannot get Kodi to make any logs despite following the instructions stickied at this forum.

I hope this can be resolved seeing how Emby is ok with the folder structure I already have set for my videos (The "Home videos & photos" category is perfect for my needs!)!

Thanks!

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-481ec68c-3f90-441e-bc1f-b2a578ab2ba0_1.txt

Edited by darkarn

Hi, I notice you customized some server transcoding settings. Try setting those back to default.

If the issue remains, we're about to have a new 4.1 release, so please try again with that once available. Thanks.

darkarn

Hi, I notice you customized some server transcoding settings. Try setting those back to default.

If the issue remains, we're about to have a new 4.1 release, so please try again with that once available. Thanks.

Thanks for the fast response!

May I know what are the default server transcoding settings? I can't find them in the wiki and am not trying to set all settings to default lest I break something else

darkarn

Try setting crf back to 23.

That did not work sadly. Changing server version to Version 4.1.0.24 beta did not work too

Only " Allow subtitle extraction on the fly " helped but it made the subtitles look very off for all devices and still does not address why does this occur for only some files

darkarn

Apparently this problem occurs only on the Emby for Kodi plugin. There are no issues with the EmbyCon plugin

sualfred

Please install the Kodi Logfile Uploader addon from the official Kodi repo and give us the link of your upload.

darkarn

Please install the Kodi Logfile Uploader addon from the official Kodi repo and give us the link of your upload.

I can't do that as I kept getting a "Error posting the kodi.log file The file is empty" message

sualfred

We only support Kodi, LibreElec, CoreElec, OSMC. 

I don't have a good feeling with this fork + the reason that the Kodi logging is not in place where it should be.

darkarn

We only support Kodi, LibreElec, CoreElec, OSMC. 

I don't have a good feeling with this fork + the reason that the Kodi logging is not in place where it should be.

Hmm I see, that was the closest idea I can to get Emby to work on Android 4.4.

Last version of Emby for Android that works on KitKat (3.0.21) gave a strange problem that didn't allow any video to be played (Circle keep spinning and a "Split Media" option even though there is only one version of the video in the entire library) so I am not sure what else I can do to get Emby to work on that TV box

Edited by darkarn