Emby thinks episodes are missing when they're not (mixed library paths)

Bob Schnatterly

CharleyVarrick

By this reasoning, even if I didn't aquired it yet, since it aired yesterday, its also not upcoming anymore.

That being said, was something just changed that account for disappearing behavior, as it only started to do this since yesterday.

Now, it makes me wonder if I indeed aquired the episode or if its Emby ignoring it.

It is an important feature for me, that I use on a daily basis, along with a Kodi addon called "TV Show - Next Aired'.

While those seperate features should theoretically give identical results, they don't. Sometime, the Kodi addon gives additionnal result(s), sometime, its Emby Upcoming that does.

Edited by jlr19

By this reasoning, even if I didn't aquired it yet, since it aired yesterday, its also not upcoming anymore.

If you don't have it yet you could make the argument that it is still "upcoming" for you.

I'm actually not sure this behavior was intentionally changed but I've always wondered why we're showing items in "Upcoming" that you have and were on yesterday.

CharleyVarrick

I've always wondered why we're showing items in "Upcoming" that you have and were on yesterday.

Obviously as a reminder to acquire said content, and then, once acquired, to see at a glance which episodes were obtained vs "not yet".

In Kodi addon "TV Show - Next aired", there's nothing to indicate whether an episode was previously obtained or not. 

That made the "former" Emby Upcoming feature essential, in avoiding a duplicate. Now I am left wondering if I have an episode or not.

Its not the end of the world by any account, but for my usage scenario, I preferred how it was working before.