Change album artist metadata

Jace B

Jace B

Howdy!!

Is there a way to change the artist tag on albums in Emby Server?!?! Emby parsed all the songs in my music library with dashes in artist tag as two separate artist entries ("LOONA 1/3" became "LOONA 1" and "3", for example).

Hi, we currently don't have a great way of dealing with this because we split artists on the / character.

We have a hard-coded escape for this for certain artists such as AC/DC, so for, until we have a better approach, we can just add LOONA 1/3 to that list. This will be in the next release. You'll need to refresh metadata on the existing titles once installed. Thanks.

@@ginjaninja

ginjaninja

hard coded list sounds reasonable as the the number of artists with '/' in name is low and '/' is a popular splitting character.

i have asked the question on musicbrainz wether a list of artists with common separators can be extracted as a matter of course.

I dont think the list will be very long.

https://community.metabrainz.org/t/is-it-possible-to-return-a-list-of-all-artists-with-a-character-in-thier-name/424219

making the list user editable seems overkill given how infrequently the issue seems to arise especially if a 'small' list can be automatically exported from musicbraainz.

Jace B

I've figured out a way around using an actual dash in the artist name (use the 1/3 fraction alt key code), I'd just like to know if there's a way to edit the metadata for the albums so they stop showing up under the two artist entries.

ginjaninja

I've figured out a way around using an actual dash in the artist name (use the 1/3 fraction alt key code), I'd just like to know if there's a way to edit the metadata for the albums so they stop showing up under the two artist entries.

once the separator has been removedm it should just be a case of rescanning the library../album