Chrome Win10 vs Chrome macOS (ASS subtitle)

iBoss

iBoss

Hi ..

empy web using Google Chrome: the ASS subtitle style works on both but ..

I have installed the same font that used at the subtitle on Win 10 and macOS.

• Chrome macOS shows the fonts correctly
  • Chrome Win10 shows different font

Please see the attached screenshots for both.

-----

emby Version 4.0.2.0

Lunix Ubuntu server 16.04.5

Google Chrome Version 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit) - Windows 10 64bit

Google Chrome Version 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit) - macOS 10.14.4

logs files are attached 

Thanks

post-134723-0-20853300-1555083047_thumb.png

post-134723-0-63469800-1555083061_thumb.png

log_mac.zip

log_win.zip

The font used in the browser isn't guaranteed as we'll be limited to web safe fonts.

iBoss

The font used in the browser isn't guaranteed as we'll be limited to web safe fonts.

But all fonts work on Google Chrome macOS, the issue only on Google Chrome Windows.

Do you mean it is limited on Windows only?!

Thanks

Just because you install a font on the system does not mean it will affect the subtitle rendering. Does that answer your question?

• 7 months later...

Hi @@Luke,

Thank you and the team for the hard work to release the new Version of emby server.

As I mention before, the font type is shows correctly as in ASS subtitle on Google Chrome on macOS .. but now after I upgrade the emby server to version 4.3.0.26 today, the font type not shows correctly on Chrome macOS. Do you aware about it?! it supposed to develop this to work on other web client not to remove it :(

Thanks 

But it's fine on windows?

before it was not fine with windows (Chrome), it just fine with mac (Chrome).

After upgrading, not fine with mac as well :(

it was working with direct play and transcode.

the font type is mention on ASS file and the font is installed on macOS and Windows. before it works fine with macOS. now not :(

Edited by iBoss

We're using the same custom font that you've helped us with for iOS and Android.

Yes I know. Thanks it works great with SRT subtile. In ASS, the fansub use other fonts inside the file specially in Anime Movies/Series and I want to keep it as it is (in both Arabic and English)

On Android/IOS emby App, ASS works amazing. but in Chrome it was working but now it keeps with the same font I gave you (Same in English it will keep the emby system font); it should be changed in ASS.

Before the emby server will shows the font correctly if it is installed on macOS; if the font not installed, it will switch automatically to emby font system ... but now it always keep the emby font system.

We switched the browser rendering to a different library that renders the subtitles better. It's able to run libass directly in the browser, but i don't think it uses system installed fonts.

I see, I understand now why ... but still I hop to find solution for this. Anyway it is not related to specific language.

Please see the attached file, it shows why it's important that need to keep the font type of ASS files

post-134723-0-87067000-1574526979_thumb.jpg

post-134723-0-61325400-1574527001_thumb.jpg