Disappearing Movies from XPEnology Server

DJIemby

DJIemby

Hi everyone, this has been bugging me for awhile and thought i would ask this to see if anyone else has experienced this problem.

It seems files, in particular movies are disappearing from my XPEnology server. I know have had certain movies on there but when i have gone to look for them and play them through Emby they are not there. This has happened today when i have gone to play Toy Story which i know i had. Is there a way to search anywhere to see how it may have gone deleted as i am worried i might of lost other movies. I am the only user on Emby that has deletion rights so no-one else can delete files from my server.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there, can you please go over an example? Have you run a library scan? Thanks. 

DJIemby

Library scans are fine and new files are added as expected. It seems that my old files are going missing. I have checked server and all seems fine and no files relating to that particular movie are there. I am stuck as i don't think i can search for it through log files for the last couple of years to see how it might of disappeared. It is not as if if its on the server but Emby is not recognising the movie, it has just vanished and its not the 1st time this has happened.

Ok, unfortunately I don't have much explanation. If you see it happen again I would suggest making note of everything happening on your system at that time. The closer you catch it to when it actually happened, the greater the chance will be of getting to the bottom of it.