Indicate External Accessibility on Dashboard

kevinw
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

kevinw

Is there any way an indicator could be implemented on a server's dashboard screen to show whether that emby server is accessible externally?

(I'm hoping that it's not already there and I've just missed it...)

Thanks.

Kevin

kevinw

Ah, so that indicates the server is actually accessible rather than just the URL to be used for external access?

The reason I didn't think it was an indicator is because neither my daughter nor I could access the server other than internally although the URL was being displayed. Perhaps that issue relates to my other question about outward connections?

Kevin

kevinw

[nods] Yes, I went through that earlier thanks Luke. As part of reading it through I set up port forwarding on the router and it's now working on my phone. I'm just waiting for my daughter to get back so she can test it from her house.

The remote access URL was being displayed before I made that change which is why I assumed it wasn't an indicator of external accessibility.

Kevin

• Solution

The presence of the url means the server will accept the connections, but it can't actually predict if they're going to work or not. That's just something you'll have to try and if you find anything is blocking the connection you'll need to unblock it.

• Like 1