Genre View

moviefan

moviefan

Do you think there will ever be a way to get the Genres to work  for Android TV like they do in the web app?

I love my nVidia shield and am so happy I finally pulled the trigger and moved to it from my HTPC with Emby for WMC, but this is the one thing that still sucks about the app.

The genre view is just one line that infinitely scrolls so for those genres like Action and Animation there are hundreds of items to scroll through.  Everyone always ends up picking something from letter A or B because of scroll/button fatigue.  I am not sure what the point of showing movies from multiple genres on the same page with multiple lines is.  If someone already knows what genre they want they just want to see stuff from that genre.

Agreed 

It's really hard to view all movies from a specific genre on Android TV. Display all movies from a genre with possibility to filter and sort could help a lot to choose a movie

I have requested this same enhancement in the past without success. My work around has been to create Collections of genres, which allows a shuffle play, but that has numerous drawbacks including inability to sort, still only see a single line of movies in a horizontal scroll, and cannot see any movie information while scrolling.

Hi.  As I've noted previously, this view will be re-designed in the Android TV app soon.

Thanks.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
NoUserName

Hi.  As I've noted previously, this view will be re-designed in the Android TV app soon.

Thanks.

Excellent, I was searching to forum to see if I was doing something wrong.

• 1 year later...
francoisp

With the Android mobile app it is possible to play random songs across all albums in a genre. Not so with the Android TV app. Right now I have to pick a specific album and I can only play the songs on that album. Can you add this feature to Emby on Android TV? 

Edited by francoisp

9 minutes ago, francoisp said:

In the Android mobile app it is possible to play random songs across all albums in a genre. Not so on Android TV. Right now I have to pick a specific album and I can only play the songs on that album. Can ou add this feature to Emby on Android TV? 

Hi, yes it's something we can look at adding. Thanks for the feedback.