Hide synopsis of un-watched content

AaronG85

AaronG85

Can you please implement an option to hide the synopsis of un-watched episodes and movies (mainly episodes) as I find them kind of like a spoiler and annoys the hell out of me. This was a big feature for me to use XBMC but ever since using MB3 I can't go back LOL. Thanks

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

ScottIsAFool

I like this suggestion, I've raised a ticket to add it to the Windows Phone app.

Was there a particular client you were wanting this for btw?

Edited by ScottIsAFool

Yeah, this has been requested before.  I wonder if it makes more sense for it to be a user-level option that is handled by the server.  That way it works in all clients without them having to code for it.  The API could just replace the overview with "(hidden until watched)" or something.  The only thing clients would have to be sure and do is re-fetch it after watching.

@@Luke?

• Like 3

ScottIsAFool

I'm happy with that if it's a user config thing.

MrWebsmith

well for me the better server options are global ones or at least global to my user vs some other user of my system.. and this imho qualifies.. im not likely to think... yea on android i dont want to be spoiled by a description for the next episode, but on roku/ipad its ok to be spolied ;) if i have a feeling about that option one way or another then to me that feeling is independent of the client/location that im seeing that info.

my vote is a user based "global" server setting that hopefully (at some point) each client checks in with to control the display of that information

• Like 2

While the spoiler-type interface would be neat, I agree with web here.  And, the reality is if it is left to the clients some will never do it (or it will take a while) and we are left with another inconsistency in presentation.

hoxtonia

For me the more control I have on the server for setting user experiences the better - especially for my remote users - I cannot see my mum or nieces changing any settings on their various clients without me being there - so I am with MrWebsmith - global server setting per user....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottIsAFool

Looks like this is leaning towards being a server option.

• Like 1

i think it's a good idea but i've leave to the client - for example, a client do one of those 'show/hide spolier' things. i think that would be neat.

but do we want to put it in user preferences for every client to examine, that's a possible question

AaronG85

Yeah I'm of the same opinion here, have it as an option under the User settings that way you can change it as needed. 

• 4 years later...
maegibbons

2018 is the "distant" future for those that posted about it in 2014

Krs

Mark

• Like 1

As a fellow user, I agree this is a very good idea and so no, it was not a generic response. 

extensive

As a fellow user, I agree this is a very good idea and so no, it was not a generic response.

I believe you. I would suggest changing your responses up. They would appear more genuine. Customer support is a lot about perception.

• 3 years later...
AllesMeins

So... - Is  the future here yet?

Been stumbling upon this topic when searching for this feature after trying Emby for Android and couldn't find such an option...

6 hours ago, AllesMeins said:

So... - Is  the future here yet?

Been stumbling upon this topic when searching for this feature after trying Emby for Android and couldn't find such an option...

Not yet. Moving to feature requests. Thanks.