The best system and why

igeoorge

1 minute ago, Riggs said:

Use whatever you want, just be aware that Windows is the devil

Generally speaking has more support for devices than any other OS as well as users hammering on it. :)

Gilgamesh_48
38 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Use whatever you want, just be aware that Windows is the devil

There really is nothing wrong with making a good deal with the Devil.

If the Devil was ever to replace God the he would have to assume most of the characteristics of God just to make things work. 

I do wonder how Windows is the Devil when most of the world worships Windows. Would God (Linux I presume) allow Himself to be pushed into the minority position?

The only real difference between Windows and Linux is that Windows is a single entity oppressor while Linux is oppression by a larger group. The only way to be truly free of oppression by your operating system is to write it yourself and then you only move the oppression to the manufacturer of the main processor.

Operating systems are a lot like apple pies and: "To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan So to really make an operating system that is really yours you must first invent the computer.

Riggs
On 8/4/2020 at 12:28 PM, cayars said:

Generally speaking has more support for devices than any other OS as well as users hammering on it. :)

That's because the programmers are lazy.

That's because that support your mention is just a fog. The MS fog,  the same fog used by many American corporations/monopolies imposed to the world. 

You never need to be part of the dark side to have a life.

In fact Windows is taking all code that they want from github.

Many queue patents are pending in the patents office to be assigned to MS from Open Source code.

Microsoft wants to use Linux kernel. 

In a monopoly and people headless, just following the wave, that's a great answer :) 

Has nothing to do with Devs being lazy.  The Devs around here are anything but lazy!  Getting "hammered on" is a matter of users and what OS they use.

There are far more Windows users then likely all other platforms combined so of course it will get the most use and "testing" from the population.

NET development is well, a MS development platform by and large and the tools running on Windows are going to be the easiest to use.

I guess you can blame MS for making development and ease of use of the OS a bad thing.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

pir8radio
1 hour ago, Riggs said:

That's because the programmers are lazy.

That's because that support your mention is just a fog. The MS fog,  the same fog used by many American corporations/monopolies imposed to the world. 

You never need to be part of the dark side to have a life.

In fact Windows is taking all code that they want from github.

Many queue patents are pending in the patents office to be assigned to MS from Open Source code.

Microsoft wants to use Linux kernel. 

In a monopoly and people headless, just following the wave, that's a great answer :) 

True, but you still use windows every day...  They hold most of the global internet server shares..  I have windows servers running nginx web-servers.    

• 1 year later...

Well I'll stick with Linux simply because all my hard drives are in ext4 format and Windows can't read them, so there's no way to share them with Windows installed if not Windows can't access them from the same machine...

sfatula
On 4/11/2019 at 1:58 PM, igeoorge said:

I have already used Ubuntu and Ubuntu Server to see if there is any difference in the graphical interface.
Particularly I did not notice a difference. So I decided to stick with Ubuntu and its interface.
However, Ubuntu in turn had several issues of instability, forcing the power off to reboot
So I am determined to stay with Win 10 pro, for the compatibility of the drivers.

Currently my server is;
i9 9900k
32gb ram
16 tb HD In the 256mb cache

I also have i9-9900k and 32GB ram, did you steal my machine? Lol

Running ubuntu 20.04.3, no issues at all. I use for 10 or so server duties and dozens of client duties, never breaks a sweat. ZFS. Nividia RTX2060 also. Works beautifully with Emby.

If you have driver issues, must be with motherboard perhaps? You running the HWE kernel? 5.13.0-30.