A-Z Sortierung

speedy78

Happy2Play

The Shows tabs will always strip all sub-folders and only show Series, unless the folder is "Mis-Identified" and there is no real way to fix it when Emby has determined that the folder is a Serie.  As you can see from my screenshots it works 99% of the time.  Only a issue on one folder out of twenty seven.

Your screenshot don´t shows thats a Series in 0-9 folder is recognizes as the Serie 123 and then is shown with the correct Image, Description and so on.
I only see a folder "1" - that didn´t proof anything, because I don´t want to see "1" - i want to see the series name, the cover.
It doesn´t worked throug the whole process - its no proof.

It is proof that "C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\TV Shows\1!@#$%" is mis-identified as a series instead of moving on to "C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\TV Shows\1!@#$%\9-1-1 (2018)" and "C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\TV Shows\1!@#$%\12 Monkeys (2015)" as the actual series.  Image is actually a static image assigned to the folder.

There was a complete rebuild of Series/TV folder detection so the old way is gone.  And did not allow this structure at all in TV Content type only Mixed Content previously.  

You are seeing the exact same thing I posted for "1!@#$%" folder. Mis-identification of sub-folder as series.

Until a user is able to assign folder content type again.  There is nothing you as a user can do, besides use a different folder scheme..

Edited by Happy2Play

speedy78

No, definitely not strip all sub-folders - it that would be, everything should works fine !

If it would I would have shown much more in emby series and not only about 20.

It only shows the A-Z folders with content, excluded the empty A-Z folders

Your test proof nothing, because you assume that it works - it only works if the serie with name and cover is shown AND that not only for 0-9 - it has to work for A-Z too.

I only tested A-Z like shown on the screenshot, i don´t have 0-9 series.

Its mindless to make an "against evidence" then with 0-9 folder.

And what you are telling makes no sense !

One the one side you say something like "it works fine, tryied to proof that" and then you write "...old way is gone. Did not allow this structure".

Thats contradictory, inconsistent ...

There is no "Mis-Identified" - because on the version earlier the latest version, every single "Serie" was shown right. 100%

And since then, there was no change - just installed the update - I told now hundred times.

It don´t work 99% of time, i am not the 1% percent - thats bullshit - I hate such excuse.

You only try to go the easy way !

Why should I use a different folder schema, if that A-Z folder structure works on "Movies" and it worked long time on "Series" until the penultimate version.

Edited by speedy78

Happy2Play

TV was never designed for this A-Z structure until recently and was previously only supported in Mixed content libraries.  The detection for Movies is totally different then the detection of a Series as it requires support for Season and Episode levels.  So attempting to support everyone's mish-mash folder structure is a challenge.

Sorry I just showed it worked on 26 of my 27 sub-folders.  So you have to break down your issue step by step as I only have a issue on one sub-folder being mis-identified as a series.

speedy78

I don´t know if there is some language conflict.

On the german emby its named "Serien" not "TV-Show"

And there it worked, it worked, it worked - you can say what you want it worked - it had it until the latest version, period !

I had each of the series in 0-9 and A-Z folders sorted, to only have 27 folders in main folder and not hundreds !

Your test don´t have real content, it isn´t worth anything. Its not comparable.

My test is real content and the content, settings and so on haven´t changed since months.

Emby version changed and the bug occurred.

The problem are not my "Series" and not my "structure" or "content" - the cause of the error is a change in emby, otherwise it wouldn´t have worked the version ago.

I can´t change my folder structure everyday, thats unprofessional !

Do you know, how much stress and work this is for me and the harddisks / RAID-System, to do a complete rescan of the "Bibliothek / Library" and manually identify what automatically not worked !

Change that on backup system, cloud too and so on ...

You can not add features and remove it from version to version - step forwand / back and again.

The A-Z feature was added some versions ago on "Series" and it worked fine, i did a lot of testing, everything worked Specials too and so on

It was added around May this year - you can tell what you want, thats a fact. And with the latest version, obviously the A-Z feature was removed on "Series"

Edited by speedy78

Happy2Play

I don´t know if there is some language conflict.

On the german emby its named "Serien" not "TV-Show"

And there it worked, it worked, it worked - you can say what you want it worked - it had it until the latest version, period !

I had each of the series in 0-9 and A-Z folders sorted, to only have 27 folders in main folder and not hundreds !

Your test don´t have real content, it isn´t worth anything. Its not comparable.

My test is real content and the content, settings and so on haven´t changed since months.

Emby version changed and the bug occurred.

The problem are not my "Series" and not my "structure" or "content" - the cause of the error is a change in emby, otherwise it wouldn´t have worked the version ago.

I can´t change my folder structure everyday, thats unprofessional !

Do you know, how much stress and work this is for me and the harddisks / RAID-System, to do a complete rescan of the "Bibliothek / Library"

Change that on backup system, cloud too and so on ...

You can not add features and remove it from version to version - step forwand / back and again.

The A-Z feature was added some versions ago on "Series" and it worked fine, i didn´t a lot of testing, everything worked Specials too and so on

It was added around May this year - you can tell what you want, thats a fact. And with the latest version, obviously the A-Z feature was removed on "Series"

Emby only provided that in Mixed Content before this change to "Improve series folder detection (4.1.0.26)".

All the folders have real content.

Sure I have over 40TB of data that I play with so I know how much of a challenge it can be.

You still have not provided a breakdown of your structure, content within that structure, and naming scheme.

The detection method is mis-identifying the folder as a Series.  Click the Folders tab and it will show you the folder identified as a series just like mine.

5d4b6bf6612ff_5d4b49db3ecdc_folder.jpg

Yes the other topic is the same situation.

Edited by Happy2Play

It is a difficult scenario to detect perfectly. But hopefully it can be improved from where we are now.

speedy78

I never used "mixed content" - my series where under library "series" and there the A-Z / 0-9 feature worked at least around 2-3 months

@@You still have not provided a breakdown of your structure, content within that structure, and naming scheme.

What exactly do you want ?

I provided more than enough real examples.

I can´t give you a list of all my movies and series or a list of all folder and subfolders and show screenshots of that, because since last emby update, there is only mess any more in Emby - it don´t show my series, it shows something I don´t have.

On the normal view and on "folder view" - everything the same, because "folder view / tab" don´t show the real hard disc structure - it shows it after some process was done, for example a "M" folder on filesystem is named "M.A.S.H" - but no "M.A.S.H" folder exists on my NAS - i don´t have the serie.

Happy2Play

I never used "mixed content" - my series where under library "series" and there the A-Z / 0-9 feature worked at least around 2-3 months

@@You still have not provided a breakdown of your structure, content within that structure, and naming scheme.

What exactly do you want ?

I provided more than enough real examples.

I can´t give you a list of all my movies and series or a list of all folder and subfolders and show screenshots of that, because since last emby update, there is only mess any more in Emby - it don´t show my series, it shows something I don´t have.

On the normal view and on "folder view" - everything the same, because "folder view / tab" don´t show the real hard disc structure - it shows it after some process was done, for example a "M" folder on filesystem is named "M.A.S.H" - but no "M.A.S.H" folder exists on my NAS - i don´t have the serie.

This and the other topic are identical so in the end until detection is perfected or a folder level content type switch is added back.  There is nothing you can do.

Can you show a picture of your folder tab?

Edited by Happy2Play

CChris

I have tried to reproduce the reported issue with my emby 4.2.0.40:

1) Created folders in my TV Show Library folder "A", "P", "R", "S", "T"

2) Moved all my TV Shows in their corresponding alphabetical folder:

5d4bdf4e0aab6_2019080810_36_31T.png

5d4bdf56c1bc6_2019080810_36_43S.png

3) Run a new Scan through this library - result, everything worked as expected, the TV Shows are being indexed as they should:...

5d4bdf8142778_2019080810_36_55Serien.png

5d4bdff101399_2019080810_39_37Serien.png

I am not pretty sure, what went wrong on the TO's installation, but maybe, the log files could help, if they haven't been provided until now?

@@speedy78
Bitte hänge mal ein paar Screenshots deiner Verzeichnisstruktur (Windows Explorer, oder via Linux mit ls) für deine Serien an.
Ich konnte in dem ganzen Beitrag leider nur Screenshots aus Emby finden, wie du es dir vorstellst, bzw. wie Emby die Daten behandelt - und selbst da wurde teilweise beim Titel manuell editiert (Seite 1, Post #10)

Ich bin mir Sicher, für dein Problem gibt es eine relativ schlüssige Erklärung, welche EVENTUELL auf emby zurück zu führen sein KÖNNTE - allerdings mit Sicherheit von einigen Bedingungen abhängig ist.

Möglicher weise funktionierte die Darstellung zuvor aufgrund einer anderen gegebenheit (ein Bug an irgend einer Stelle in der Bibliotheksverwaltung) welcher mit einem update ansich gefixt wurde, nun aber dafür sorgt, dass die Darstellung bei dir nicht mehr so wie gewünscht ist.

Definitiv aber funktioniert das Einlesen von Unterordnern, wie ich es eben auch getestet habe.

Edited by CChris

speedy78

I don´t work 24h, last night I answered until 3-4 o´clock in the morning in Germany !

Because I have to work, I don´t have time to play with emby 24h too or immidiality after I get some sleep.

I don´t have any relevant server logs, after over a week of discussion !

Emby rotate and delete them.

Update Installation was on 2. or 3. August and latest log shown Log is 4. August in Emby.

I have posted two screenshot and nothing was manuelly edited.

I used a empty line, to write a comment for the "Screenshot 2" on Page 1 so I didn´t had to edit the screenshot to write a comment and If I would have written it in post nobody reads this or connects the text to the screenshots.

So thats the cause, that I writed the comment directly on screenshot 2

I am not the only one with the problem, so it exists.

On "screen.png" attached you see the folder structure, but its not the folder structure on my harddisk. Ask emby why not. Its a processed folder name, that is shown in "Folder tab", not the real hard disk directory names. I don´t have for example "Dragon Ballz"

From the Series on the folder tab shown, I have only 3 pieces.

3 are identified right, the complete rest NOT.

So A-Z folders + 0-9 folder = around 27 series are shown in emby on maximum - empty folders. The empty folders are not shown, so in this cases emby didn´t not shows some mess and random series title I don´t have.

The only working are the folders E, I, R - most of them only 1 series (I+R) in the A-Z folder, one folder with 2 but the second (ES) is special one with "S01.E01-E02 (1990).mkv" as filename.

But there is a another folder "V" - with one folder thats not working too.

G-Folder with more than 1 serie (3 series) is not working too - an example of many not working

A rescan of the library don´t worked too.

I moved some Series to new location, did a rescan and then moved back and did a rescan.

Nothing changed, 99% of the Series are not shown since the latest update.

It only works completly if I move it to root directorie insted of the A-Z, 0-9 folders

Edit:

corrected screenshots working / not working, was wrong associated

post-445234-0-97894100-1565263207_thumb.png

post-445234-0-73497100-1565263215_thumb.png

post-445234-0-60381800-1565266423_thumb.png

post-445234-0-46244500-1565266435_thumb.png

Edited by speedy78

CChris

I don´t work 24h, last night I answered until 3-4 o´clock in the morning in Germany !

Because I have to work, I don´t have time to play with emby 24h too or immidiality after I get some sleep.

I don´t have any relevant server logs, after over a week of discussion !

Emby rotate and delete them.

Update Installation was on 2. or 3. August and latest log shown Log is 4. August in Emby.

I am also working and nobody requested you to be 24h online :)

regarding the "logs"... the current logs, after running a library scan could help identifying, what exactly is going wrong when emby tries to identify the content.

Not necessary to provide the logs from the installation of the newer version.

I think, everyone here understands, that you are frustrated and that you have an issue.

No one said "No, everything is running as expected".

But at least, we could not reproduce the issue, so we need to figure out, what could cause it.

From my point of view, it seems that there is some condition, that is causing emby to mis-identify your library content - and we need to find out, what exactly this condition could be.

Only then, the developers will be able to check the source code.

speedy78

I am frustrated to discuss a week and a long time my experience and my situation was doubt.

I didn´t like it too, that it was denied, that the A-Z / 0-9 feature existed and worked for series. I said it working, I know it worked.

If have no interest in wasting my time, discuss here a week and lie just for fun or fake it.

I want to relax with emby, I have enough stress, I don´t want more.

There is a problem, a main problem, because emby is not usable for my series an this time.

I wanted to tell too, that Happy lives in USA (late evening) and here is Germany (it was late night, early morning).

Its enough that one person requests sth within a couple of hours ... relating time shift, it takes sometimes a couple of hours, no re-request needed.

Finally I don´t deny logs or screenshots, which could be assumed after such posts.

The relevant log would be that on update-time, because then I lost all my series in library, not physically on disc.

Probable I have to identify the most of my series a another time (not the first, not the second and not the the third) - that sucks.

Emby has all the stuff like thetvdb numbers etc in tvshow.nfo - but I have often to manually assign the series.

Another point is, that emby needs internet connection to build up an old existing library, whether every data is in files on hard disc (created by emby). Every text, every image.

Only with internet connection it shows the cover of the series again, but the cover wasn´t downloaded a second time, the files has the old date.

I don´t know why emby need the internet connection and obviously ask all the hundred films, series again and again on the movie / tv databases.

The log add after full library scan (all libs) is attached, but will not help like the screenshots too.

Log.txt

Edited by speedy78

CChris

where is your log-attachment?
I can't see anything in your latest post, nor in any other post in this thread... :-/

speedy78

I was only a way to fast on the wing.

Stupid Forum, at least for a single file, you have to upload it first, not only select file and post it.

The whole screenshots and logs, never will create a solution. Nothing of them is logged and that I already told - it was absoluty clear.

A software can not log something about a feature which is not included anymore !

It don´t help to so see screenshot with the mess after update, too.

I would need before after photos, but I don´t have a time machine ... and it would be doubt again, so what the hell I doing all this work ?

Edited by speedy78

CChris

you told, you are a "computer scientist" - but honestly, you are not able to provide clear information that have been requested.
I asked you for logs, after performing a library scan... what you have posted, are basically just a few lines of a logfile - nothing more, nothing less.

Also, from a Computer Scientist, which has worked so many years in Software Testing, I would have expected a more detailed and qualified report.

"A software can not log something about a feature which is not included anymore !"
--> I have changed my already working library structure in the way to sort my tv shows in subfolders as you mentioned /A/.... /B/..... /C/.... and it worked perfectly fine.
So in fact, the feature IS still included.
It is running into an identification issue in your case - and that's what we should try to identify - WHY does this happen.

But again, I will be honest:
I've tried to step in, because I thought the main reason, why this topic is going on for so long might be an communication issue.
But no, it seems, that this isn't the case.

The Case is more, that you are just blaming arround.
If someone is aksing for further information - so that we will be able to TRY TO REPRODUCE this issue, most of the time your answer are nothing else than complaining about this thing.

Trust me, I am also working in the Software Business... Testing Software, reproducing and analyzing bugs and Incident Management is my main business for more than 10 years.

So again.
Please! Attach the FULL (all) emby-server logs. not only a single file with a few lines not including ANYTHING.

Thanks!

• Like 1

CChris

Also:
Please delete these files from your a-z folders:
5d4c71099c066_2019080820_58_26AZSortieru

As you can see, I am using the same setup right now, but haven't any nfo or image file in the main folder:
5d4c713a2a368_2019080820_59_34S.png

• Like 1

speedy78

You think you are very funny and intelligent ! Big error - do not overestimate yourself !

You must be able to read and understand my information, if you can´t its not my mistake ...

I provided much more information, any normal user is able to.

You got the log you asked for, you didn´t asked for a full log !

I don´t public full logs here with information not all persons have to know about.

As a person working in software business, you shouldn´t be such naive ..

And you don´t have to tell me, what I have to do - understand that !

In a log file could be everything, i don´t know what emby writes into it, IPs, License Codes - private things, private movie content with names I won´t public.

I always select only the needed information, or if I have more time, I read everything and wipe out relating parts.

What you got, was the needed part of the log, started from library scan until end. Nothing more happens, just this few lines !

You don´t have to know what happened the whole day, you only have to know what happens if I do a library scan, that was the problem and the question.

The feature is not implemented any more, otherwise it wouldn´t have deleted my library content after update installation.

Happy approved that, he said there were big changes in this part. But he denied too, that the A-Z feature ever existed.

Your test isn´t helpful, because its not processing until the end - there are no cover. So the process hasn´t finished at this time.

Its possible that you created the screenshot sometime between the whole process. For example it takes some time unitl the old library content is deleted and replaced with the new under the new destination.

Your coverless screenshot will be part of the old stuff, not the series on the new location ... I see no paths - click on identify serie and post that path of the library series entry to proof that !

It takes sometimes 1 hour or more, until the library scan is finished and sometimes it takes longer than it is shown the progress in the application.

Because you moved the files, there are no covers, but it takes sometimes until end of library scan until the database is cleaned and every old entry is deleted and replaced with new.

If you made the screenshot a few seconds after moving your structure to A-Z folders, then its clear that the images aren´t shown, because the old path is dead - but the database isn´t cleaned up at this time.

Just one move to another admin link while processing the library scan and he forgets the progress (xx %), too. But the harddisc / emby is still working.

So watch about this, if you test. Not always if there is no progress bar any more, its really finished the library scan.

I know that your selected 5 files aren´t useful, but there are created on every library scan you smartly person !

Thats part of the problem.

Its time wasting deleting it now, until the bug isn´t solved !

Its creating it for every main folder A-Z, 0-9 automatically - because it ignores the subfolders and add the mainfolder A-Z to library.

And one last point, you told you have the same setup, but you don´t know every single library setting. How can you have exactly the same setup ?

Your test isn´t compareable. Are you using Emby on Synology ? Only the developers know if there are 100% the same, no mistakes / forgotten things between for example the synology or windows app.

No installation is 100% comparable with another one - as a super software business jack of all trades, super intelligent and knowing everything - you should know that.

Honestly, I don´t believe you are a computer scientist, too.

You believe everyone else is stupid ... but you aren´t able to think about that for example the 5 files could be part of the bug.

Why should I put in this 5 files there - oh I forgot, just for fun ...

"As you can see, I am using the same setup right now, but haven't any nfo or image file in the main folder:"

I see nothing, because you cut the screenshot at bottom.

Windows always sorts directories first, i can´t see if there are files following ...

post-445234-0-36633000-1565295271_thumb.png

post-445234-0-81052600-1565295275_thumb.png

post-445234-0-90568900-1565295279_thumb.png

post-445234-0-49637400-1565295284_thumb.png

Edited by speedy78

Happy2Play

As you can see I have already replicated your issue but with a different folder, they are the exact same issue.  The sub-folder is misidentified as a Series and your image shows the exact same issue, as these should all have folder icons.

post-445234-0-73497100-1565263215.png

The topic Luke linked is the same also.  So it is a matter of figuring out the logic error for these folders being treated as series.

Edited by Happy2Play

speedy78

Thank you Happy to get closer together and you accepted my issue as a bug.

Like I already told in the older post: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/72353-a-z-sortierung/?p=773542 which you already involed in your thoughts like I read on https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/75825-emby-server-42040-not-correctly-adding-tv-show-folders-to-library/?p=773409

The only logic I have found out is that A-Z folders with only 1-serie-subfolder in it works probably always.

But I had one exception (V), which I had to manually assign it to the right serie on TheTVDB by Title or ID for example - but it worked then, the series is shown correct.

I don´t know why, because in tvshow.nfo there is the <tvdbid> - it should matched automatically, but it works like adding it the first time to the library.

But it already was in the database once before update installation, the folder still included everything, all nfo files / images. There is a bug, too. Emby don´t read the .nfo files to assign the series correct to TheTVDB content.

If you could fix that bug too, you would save me a lot of time after you fixed the ABC-bug - because I don´t have to identify the most series manually.

A-Z folder with 2 series subfolders seems only to work if one of it is a multi episode. I mean one serie, one file, but two episodes (S01.E01-E02 (1990).mkv)

All other with 2 subfolders series in ABC-folder don´t work.

All other not working series are with 3 and many more subfolders.

One important point is shown on "all-together.png" - it recognized the subfolders of the other series, but put all together in for example the not existing serie name "B: The Beginning"

All subfolders (all series) of folder B are included as seasons ! (Only one serie is missing there at the seasons overview)

If I click at one season = one series in this case, there are only some or 1 episode - not all.

One hint: the folders 0-9, F, J, L, O, Q, X, Y on the screenshot on your post ahead are empty - there is no serie in it.

post-445234-0-74363000-1565302950_thumb.png

Edited by speedy78

• 2 months later...
speedy78

When there will be a solution for this problem ?

I patiently waiting nearly 3 months now, without watching any of my series.