X264 and FFMPEG Update Error in Manjaro

jon@spoonamore.net

jon@spoonamore.net

The latest X264 Library Update breaks the dependency for Emby.  And the new X264 Library Update is need as a dependency for the latest FFMPEG.

Any suggestions on how I can get Emby to use the latest X264 Library???

See attached screen shot for info.

post-74765-0-90481700-1554869301_thumb.png

Edited by jon@spoonamore.net

jon@spoonamore.net

Sorry..... I'm running Emby Server 4.0.2.0 stable.  I've been running Manjaro Mate since 1/1/2019.  Decided to stay away from anything Ubuntu FOREVER!!!!  I installed Emby Server from the Manjaro Repo (Not AUR).  I had been running the beta until Feb when the Manjaro Emby Server Maintainer finally updated Emby Server from the 3.x series to the 4.x series.  When I switched to stable, I uninstalled Emby Server, wipe any and all directories that had Emby in their name and then installed Emby Server Stable.  I've not had one problem with Emby.  Still don't.  Except for this dependency issue.

post-74765-0-51506500-1554906334_thumb.png

post-74765-0-82271900-1554906341_thumb.png

jon@spoonamore.net

I can wait on updating FFMPEG and X264 until the next Emby Server Update if the next version will use the latest X264 Library.

When did you install 4.0.2? This same problem was happening on arch linux a week ago, and we resolved that, although i'll have to check with our developer to see if that was fixed via another libx264 update, or an emby package update.

But in any case, it appears the manjaro package for Emby is just our arch linux package, right? If that's the case, you could try installing again.

jon@spoonamore.net

When did you install 4.0.2? This same problem was happening on arch linux a week ago, and we resolved that, although i'll have to check with our developer to see if that was fixed via another libx264 update, or an emby package update.

But in any case, it appears the manjaro package for Emby is just our arch linux package, right? If that's the case, you could try installing again.

I have been running 4.0.2 since Feb.  No issues period with Emby or any/all Manjaro updates that were installed.  Let me STATE.....  This is not an Emby problem or even an Manjaro issue.  My problem is just a simple dependency issue between 2 and more software's installed in Manjaro.  The Emby-Server package in Manjaro is maintained by Manjaro contributor.  It is not from AUR (an Arch package). Now... The Manjaro Maintainer/Contributor for Emby-Server maybe getting the package from Arch and not directly from Emby????  I do not know.  That person's email is in one of the screen shots I posted above.

The whole issue started when the latest FFMPEG and X264 Library popped up in Update Manager for install.  It's as simple as that.  This is the 1st time I have experienced Manjaro's Update Manager detecting a dependency issue and refuse to install an update.  I think this wise!  I've been running Manjaro on and off for 3 years.  In the past, dependency checks were not the norm and caused me to brick my OS many times.

If I don't see an update from you, I will uninstall Emby-Server.  Let Manjaro Update FFMPEG and X264.  And then reinstall Emby.

jon@spoonamore.net

Changed my mind.... I am going to install Manjaro Mate in Virtualbox.  Install all updates.  I will make sure the latest FFMPEG and X264 is installed.  Then I will install Emby-Server and see what happens.

jon@spoonamore.net

OK.  The deed has been done.  I installed a fresh copy of Manjaro Mate in VirtualBox.  Installed all updates.  Verified that the latest FFMPEG and X264 were indeed installed.  Tried to install Emby-Server...  Bam.  Got a dependency error.....

post-74765-0-64002300-1554953130_thumb.png

Ok it seems manjaro has the latest libx264 but not our latest arch Linux package. There's nothing we can do but wait for them to sync it up again and pull the latest. Thanks

• Like 1

jon@spoonamore.net

Ok it seems manjaro has the latest libx264 but not our latest arch Linux package. There's nothing we can do but wait for them to sync it up again and pull the latest. Thanks

Thanks for the info.  I guess it will be a waiting game then.  The Emby Server Maintainer for Manjaro is super slow on updates. :(

It's possible they're just not aware since our fix was applied without a version bump. In any event, we'll have 4.1 released any day now.

• Like 1

jon@spoonamore.net

It's possible they're just not aware since our fix was applied without a version bump. In any event, we'll have 4.1 released any day now.

I got tired of waiting for stable Emby Server 4.x series in the Manjaro repos; this didn't happen until Feb.....  I ran Beta 4.x for over 2 months waiting for 4.x Stable because 3.x Stable was giving me fits (extremely slow operation).  I'm very happy you put some caffeine into series 4.x!!!!  I'm glade I purchased Premier Lifetime for all the bells and whistles!!!  :)

jon@spoonamore.net

The maintainer for Emby Server in the Manjaro Repo finally put out an amended update for 4.0.2 today.  Everything updated with no dependency issues!!!  Yea!!!!!  :)

Now, I hope to see 4.1 in the repo in the next 4 weeks.  Maybe, if I am lucky????  Who knows???  :(