Synology Remote Users Unable to Gain Access

darrell_duff
Go to solution Solved by darrell_duff,

darrell_duff

I have all of the users on my Emby server established with Emby Connect accounts hoping this would be easier since I'm dealing with non-tech savy individuals.  But I'm having an issue with users being able to connect remotely.  All of the users have the same permissions and access, but they are getting this error message in one form or another an all devices (apps and web browsers)

But I can log in remotely without issues, using either my Emby Connect email address or username.  I've actually even temporarily changed the password of an individual user and signed in as them, when they were unable to from a Chromebook Browser or Android App.

The error that they are seeing is after they log into Emby Connect and select the icon for the server and select "Connect".

The Emby Server.txt logs doesn't even seem to recognize that these users attempted to log in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE:

I purchased Emby Premiere thinking that maybe it was a device count limitation.  This proved to be of no effect.  Now a device and user that were able to log in before are unable to log in now.

post-433114-0-70132700-1554771729_thumb.jpg

Edited by darrell_duff

Hi, have you possibly installed and uninstalled/reinstalled emby server more than once? when you log in as one of those emby connect users, do they have multiple entries for your server?

darrell_duff

No, I have not uninstalled/reinstalled the emby server.

When you say have multiple entries, are you referring to having multiple devices showing with their account linked to it?  I don't any other way to verify a single user has multiple entries.

darrell_duff

I think I have come to a resolution on this issue.

I was creating local users and adding the Emby Connect users to them manually.  It didnt seem to like this. So I deleted all of those users and simply sent the request via "Add User" instead of manually entering and connecting local users to Emby Connect accounts.  All seems to be working so far on 2 of the accounts that have been tested so far.

UPDATE:

This still has not fixed the issue on Roku devices connecting remotely, only the iOS devices for a single user.

Edited by darrell_duff

darrell_duff

Well another person was finally able to log in my Emby Server, and we realized that the Emby Connect accounts are not working. Unfortunately in the process of getting them to log in using the direct server address, my remote login through Emby Connect was not working either and I had to log in with the direct server address.

What would cause this with the Emby Connect accounts?

• Solution
darrell_duff

OMG, I can't believe this. 

The internal and external addresses are both correct, but the external address port number was not updated to 443. :angry:

This is what happens when you rush.

I apologize for wasting everyone's time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
forest ames

Hi, have you possibly installed and uninstalled/reinstalled emby server more than once? when you log in as one of those emby connect users, do they have multiple entries for your server?

I have done this and I am having trouble getting remote users access to my server. How do I fix this? Where do I find the other entries? I am new to this completely.

I have done this and I am having trouble getting remote users access to my server. How do I fix this? Where do I find the other entries? I am new to this completely.

When you uninstall/reinstall it becomes a brand new server, so clicking on the old entries will fail to connect. When your remote users sign in, on their server selection screen they can delete old servers.