How to search for a song by artist name and song title?

rafinha

rafinha

Hi guys,

There is any way to search in the music library for a song by artist name and song title using the API ?

Thanks

Hi, you'd use the normal search api to search for a song, and then add Artist=xxx to limit to a specific artist name. 

• Like 1

rafinha

Thanks,

I'm using:

http://192.168.2.41:8096/emby/Items?searchTerm=I Want It That Way&MediaType=Audio&Recursive=true&api_key=68d3d604b24c49xdb5c22e80f91e0ad8

And works just the way I want, so I can get the media Id.

Now, I'm trying to get the song info, like the song path, but i'm receiving the list of folders instead the media info.

http://192.168.2.41:8096/emby/Items?Id=95708&api_key=68d3d604b24c49xdb5c22e80f91e0ad8

This is the correct endpoint to get the media info?

Thanks

You need to use &recursive=true with this call. You can also use &sortBy= &sortOrder= &filters=

rafinha

Hi if I add recursive true, I got the entire server media structure.

I want search by the media ID, and get the info, just this.

Have you:

• Tried this out with the interactive api docs built into the server?
  • Used the chrome debugger to monitor what the web app is doing when searching?
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
blackarcanis

Hi !

I'm trying also to search to a song with the search method but having some issues...

The idea for me is to search by "title artist" (title + artist). But currently if I'm filling the "searchTerm" with that I got no result, I must only send the title of song.

I also try the "artist=XXX" but it's not working it always returning me all tracks with the term send to "searchTerm". I need Emby to return me only this specific track from this specific artist.

Any solution ?

Thank you !

Hi !

I'm trying also to search to a song with the search method but having some issues...

The idea for me is to search by "title artist" (title + artist). But currently if I'm filling the "searchTerm" with that I got no result, I must only send the title of song.

I also try the "artist=XXX" but it's not working it always returning me all tracks with the term send to "searchTerm". I need Emby to return me only this specific track from this specific artist.

Any solution ?

Thank you !

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/82484-search-by-song-title-artist-name/&do=findComment&comment=843248