sync problem

alex1510

alex1510

hi, every film or tv show that i try to sync on windows app is stuck on ready to transfer while on the android app there aren't any problems.

how can i solve?

thanks

Edited by alex1510

falihax

hi, every film or tv show that i try to sync on windows app is stuck on ready to transfer while on the android app there aren't any problems.

how can i solve?

thanks

Mine is the same.  Works fine on Android and iOS but not on Windows Store App.  It was perfectly fine until a recent update a few days ago when it seems to have stopped working correctly.

I have tried on both Windows and Linux servers and also on multiple Windows 10 client devices and all exhibit the same problem.  I bought the Ember client from the Windows Store and that does sync, and so given it appears to be just the official Windows store app impacted it would appear to be a client problem.  

Reinstalled client and server (including trying beta), but no impact on the sync results.

EDIT: Also, not sure if this is linked at all, but the items I already had synced previously do not show in the My Downloads section either any longer even though the folder is set to be the same as always and I can see them on the file system.

Edited by falihax

Same issue here. I specifically purchased premiere for my family trip to Disney tomorrow. I guess I'm stuck with handbrake ...again.

I decided to try installing bluestacks and run emby sync in android. It works just fine. If anyone is in a pinch like I am, this will work. 

Edited by d90

• 2 months later...
tehspede

Hi,

I have this same problem occurring at the moment. If it matters, I am running the UWP app on Windows 10 Pro Insider Build 18932.rs_prerelease.190628-1650. My Emby server is on Version 4.1.1.0. Logs of the server are attached.

Log.txt

Edited by tehspede

Hi,

I have this same problem occurring at the moment. If it matters, I am running the UWP app on Windows 10 Pro Insider Build 18932.rs_prerelease.190628-1650. My Emby server is on Version 4.1.1.0. Logs of the server are attached.

Hi, I'm not seeing any problems downloading files, but we have a new release rolling out today so you could try that once available. I'm testing on windows 10 release builds, not insider in case that matters.

tehspede

Hi, I'm not seeing any problems downloading files, but we have a new release rolling out today so you could try that once available. I'm testing on windows 10 release builds, not insider in case that matters.

Hi,

I would gladly go back to release builds if WSL2 was already available, but until then not much I can do (I only installed the UWP app yesterday so not sure if its a problem with this insiders build or not). I'll wait for your release and report back after that.

tehspede

Great, thanks. Let us know how you get on.

Hi again! No change after the update (1.1.255.0). I tried removing the episodes to be synced and added a different episode and it is stuck at Ready to Transfer, while the Android version works fine. Are there any logs available for the application?

No there aren't. From your server log it looks like it never attempted to download the media. What insider level are you on?

tehspede

No there aren't. From your server log it looks like it never attempted to download the media. What insider level are you on?

Looks like I am on the "Fast" one.

Ok, i may want to wait this out a little longer and re-evaluate later. There have been insider updates before that have broken the download feature, and then it's been resolved in later updates without us having to do anything.