Cannot mount remote NAS folders

TugboatBill

TugboatBill

Emby Server NAS is a FS2018 DSM 6.2.1.  Remote NAS folders are on Synology NAS 2 & 3.  These are at or close to the same version of DSM.

This is a new emby server install.

embysrv is the user name on all 3 NAS. All have the same password and all 3 are in the admin group.  embysrv has full access to the media shares I have on NAS2 & 3.

All 3 NASs are DHCP (reservations) and thus have the exact same network settings.

On the Emby server NAS I can manually mount a remote share from either NAS 2 or 3 using the embysrv credentials.  I can do this using IP or their DNS names.

However when I try to add a folder to a media library I get an error - after it doing the twirling circle for a while then the twirling circle goes away.  Clicking on OK does nothing.  Then, after a short time I get:

The path could not be found.  Please ensure the path is valid and try again.

This happens using the DNS name or the IP.     If I click on the search icon I get the twirling circle and then that goes away.     Clicking on OK gives the same error after a while.

Log file attached.

embyserver.txt

• 2 weeks later...

@@TugboatBill, I notice you are trying to add smb paths directly into Emby.

What I would suggest instead is mounting them locally within the Synology NAS, and then add the resulting local path into Emby. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

That's what I did to work around the problem until it is fixed.

Well, truth be told, that is going to become our suggested approach, because implementing SMB ourselves inside Emby is a bit too much that is constantly pulling us away from media-related features. Currently our smb implementation is incomplete, doesn't support authentication, doesn't support latest smb protocol versions. Using the native OS mounting is the most practical option.