EmbyCon Skin Cloner Support

nyplayer

nyplayer

Great job on this much easier thanks. My main screen uses Embuary and some people in my household like estuary so this makes it much easier.

Edited by nyplayer

• 8 months later...
elpirate

This skin, whilst great, unfortunately requires a user to customise the view for each individual sub group.

For example, where i want to use infowall as the view for all levels of media browsing, I have to define this for every tv show or level.

The default Kodi skin copies the view selected by a user across all levels for all shows.

It's quite annoying having to set the infowall view for every tv show I have in my library (and obviously all other viewes).

I have looked for a way online to manually change the default view via a config file value or something but have had no real luck so far.

Any help on this from anyone?

Ideally, if the Cloner could replicate what generally happens by the default skin (define a view type for one media level and that becomes the same for all media with that level) in a future release, that would be great.

Edited by elpirate
  • Like 1

elpirate

To get your addon in the official kodi repo you have to follow a number of rules, one of those rules is not automating control of the active view.

I did have this feature in the original add-on but had to pull it out to get the add-on accepted into the official kodi repo.

If you still want this functionality there is an add-on that can do it based on the content type of what you are viewing, @@xnappo was maintaining it for a while and I believe it is in the beta repo.

Righto thanks for the info.

Do you happen to know the name of the addon at all?

Thanks

elpirate

Its called viewmaster (script.viewmaster) and it is in the beta repo, the sme one you installed the skin cloner from.

Thanks Ill check it out.

elpirate

Its called viewmaster (script.viewmaster) and it is in the beta repo, the sme one you installed the skin cloner from.

Found and installed but it doesn't work. Says that skin.estuary_embycon is not supported ☹️

elpirate

@@xnappo is this add-on still updated/maintained?

Alternatively happy to learn where the setting live to change the defaults which I can then do myself. Have had no real success via Google search.

elpirate

I am not even sure you can change the default for a particular display type in Kodi, if it was going to be possible it would be in the advanced settings xml file.

I will have a go at adding the Cloned skin available view list to the View master addon.

Legend mate thank you. Once done I will test it.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

This is great, works like a charm. 

Haven't had a chance to delve into this too much yet but it did immediately popup with my movies and tv shows which is cool.

How do I add new items to the Home menu? I was looking at the Home.xml file and that seems to have the 2 Emby Menus in it, do I just add them there?

Basically, my content is organized like this

/media/movies

/media/tv

/media/music

/media/other

and I'd like to add the last two to my home menu. 

thanks man!

Yes if you want to add new menu items you can have a go at adding them to the home.xml file, it is a little bit tricky but can be done you just need to add it to two places.

I have <!- --> labeled the places I needed to change to add the new menu items so you should just be able to add what you want in there.

Keep a backup of your original home.xml

If this is not an option for you you should have a look at the Embuary skin, this already has auto population of menus and works very well with EmbyCon out of the box.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49724-support-thread-embuary-a-emby-kodi-skin/

If you want more control then you could use a skin like Titan that lets you customize the menu completely.

Yes I see that section in the Home.xml where it has the menu items

I tried adding one by piecing together what it needed to from other entries but it did not work for me. I've never messed with a skin before but I am a programmer so I should be able to figure this out. Can you recommend a good source for explaining what the pieces of this are and the options and stuff?

thanks again