EmbyCon : Old support thread

Carlo

BarryAmerika

Server is Version 3.6.0.83 beta - I see update is available but I am happy to test with whatever. Perhaps I need additional add ons installed?

That is from the home screen - If I use the episode selection I see five versions with no info, PC behaves differently to Shield Android TV.

Browser =

5c3265a0f077a_2019010707_30_35Emby.png

Kodi on PC seems to autoplay whatever is first in the file list, which is sometimes 480p sometimes 1080p or something in between.

Because we don't actually have a naming convention for multi-version episodes. We just match group them based on having the same season and episode numbers.

There is a tradeoff here - no special naming required, but also it means there's no convention we can use to extract only the version name text.

I think it's possible to improve this though to strip off all leading common characters at the beginning. 

BarryAmerika

I think I must have a setting different somewhere - from default install, movies just autoplay whatever is I guess first in list. This is both browser and within kodi.

Changing default action MEDIA SETTINGS>Videos> to 'show info' instead of 'play' (on android) shows version but no option to change.

Have updated server to latest beta now but showing same behaviour.

EDIT - Browsing to movies rather than jumping from homescreen shows same as above for null_pointer

1080p

Original

720p

480p

360p

Edited by BarryAmerika

agentxan

I use KODI to play music in the background and when the screensaver activates the music stops playing. This happens with music playing with embycon and from other sources. If I disable embycon this does not happen and the music keeps playing with the screensaver active.

Movie sets are a little weird with the different watched/unwatched views...

Only unwatched, all sets show. Sets with watched movies in them show but then are empty when selected

Only watched, no sets show. Sets are just missing in this view completely.

All, all sets show.

In the Sets node, all of them show no matter what. Changing views only changes what's inside each set.

This is due to the fact Kodi is applying another level of filtering on top of the items that are returned from Emby at a UI level.

When you see a Collection/BoxSet in your movies list the items in the Collection/BoxSet are not retrieved yet, so if you apply local Kodi filtering then once the Collection/BoxSet is removed the items in the Collection/BoxSet which were never returned are just gone as they where never there.

I thought a Collection/BoxSet was marked watched so it should still show up in a local filter for watched items.

Oh that kinda sucks then. I noticed it only because I was searching for movies I had watched & this made it really hard to find them when in watched only view, if they're part of a collection, they're just not shown at all. I've ignored them all showing in the unwatched view but it's aggravating to have to check each one to see if it's actually something new in the set or not.  Bleh! Still wouldn't go back to a database tho. :-p

Edited by riffy

Yes it can be confusing, I am not sure of any way to make this better, if you think of somethign let me know.

EmbyCon has a good search feature you can use.

Doesn't do any good if ya can't remember the name of a movie. lol

I need to find a way to toggle showing sets, seems the only thing I can think of. I noticed the skin Embuary somehow filters out the sets & only shows each movie. Haven't found a way to do that in the Titan Mod skin tho. :-/ It would be a work around.

As a side note.. I have F5 set to reload skin so I can refresh any view like a web page for instant up to the second views, for people asking about how to refresh a view or list. It's crazy useful! "<f5>ReloadSkin()</f5>" in keyboard.xml

You should be able to turn off movie grouping into collections in the EmbyCon add-on settings.

However there is a gotcha here, this changes the links created in the add-on main node list, but if you have already created a link in the skin from that list then the link will not be updated.

THANKS! Forgot about that setting. That's at least a work around.

Release : 1.7.20

I have added an option for this to the events settings under screen saver in EmbyCons settings.

I noticed that this option changes Kodi global option.

I don't think that addon should change any Kodi options without any notification

Installed the modified Estuary skin yesterday and I love it! Finally I'm good with using EmbyCon and get rid of the local Movies and TV-shows db/library in my Rpi/OSMC! No more manual library updating in Kodi, and actors thumbs showing. NICE :))
Btw, tried Embuary, didn't like! Simpler is better, in my opinon ;)

• Like 1

Which global kodi option are you referring to.

The setting I added is purely an EmbyCon setting, it does not change any Kodi settings.

I have other addon called "Radio": https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=119362

It has a bug/feature and it stops playing radio on screensaver activation.

Disabling new EmbyCon option "Stop media playback on screensaver activation" fix this problem.

How is it possible?

How EmbyCon option affect how other addon works?

Is it change some global option in Kodi?

sualfred

That's no Kodi core feature. To describe it simplified -> EmbyCon just monitors if the screensaver kicks in and calls a Player.Stop().

Maybe it's possible for @ to check if it's a Emby playback or not to create an exception.

Edited by sualfred

"Maybe it's possible for @null_pointer to check if it's a Emby playback or not to create an exception."

This!

But in the other hand this option fix bug in "Radio" addon.

It stops playing when screensaver kicks and there is no similar option to turn it off as in EmbyCon.

yes I have

I'm guessing it worked fine or did you have any issues? I see some Emby for kodi users are having library issues

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

arztonyou

I've upgraded Emby server and EmbyCon.  The first time I used EmbyCon after upgrading, my boxsets weren't showing up correctly.  I was getting two copies of each movie and no boxset folder when using one of the submenu shortcuts I had added in the Titan skin for my Emby libraries.  I removed and then added the submenu items again, and then they worked fine.  No idea why that happened, but I haven't seen anything like that again.  That's the only issue I've noticed so far since the upgrade, although my setup is pretty simple.

• Like 1

arztonyou

Okay, thanks for the info.  I figured it must be something like that.  I'll let you know if I run into anything else, but it's been working well once I redid the menus.

kaufhauslicht

Hi,

Why is the maximum for http-tanscoding set to 10 MBit and not to 100 MBit, like in the emby addon? Is it somehow possible to chose higher bitrates than 10 MBit in the settings menu when http-transcoding, since the upload rate of my emby-server allows much higher bitrates? 

kaufhauslicht

Well, 

my DSL upload is 20 MBit. That is still too less for most of my bluray remuxs using direct stream, accessing my emby-server remotely. Indeed, my transcoding sweet spot in terms of quality and bitrate would be between 12-15 Mbit.