EmbyCon : Old support thread

Carlo

On movie pause after about 5 minutes Kodi breaks connection with addon and goes back to main menu.

How to prevent that and wait on pause until user resume play?

Edited by Haxy

Every time I watch movie with my girlfriend and I need to pause movie because she needs to go to toilet :)

When I watch file "native" from kodi database, dim screensaver turn on after 3 minutes on pause, so I think it should be the same using addon.

"But you should just be able to start the movie from where you left off by playing it again."

It is true, but I start in kodi main menu, I have to choose EmbyCon addon -> Movies -> select movie and click play to resume.

"The screen saver time should not be effected by the method of playback. The addon does not change the screensaver settings. "

It does. When watching something through addon, EmbyCon in this case, screensaver is turn off and kodi just drop connection and goes back to main menu after some times on pause.

When watching something native through kodi database on pause screensaver is turn on and wait for resume. I found someone had the same problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/Addons4Kodi/comments/5b4iwa/how_do_you_stop_exodus_from_exiting_when_paused/

"do you get kicked all the way back to the home screen when you exit the screen saver?

you should just end up on the movie selection page and be able to click the movie again to resume from where you left off."

Correct, I get kicked to kodi main menu after few minutes on pause using EmbyCon as a play method.

I am using the newest kodi with osmc and default skin.

EmbyCon is in the newest beta version.

"Yes it stops a video if it paused but it does not change the active window."

What does it mean? "Stops a video" so where are you landing after few minutes on pause?

What's up with TV Shows on latest beta? Watched items are showing in the latest list & sort by date added isn't matching the server.

I tried the new Live TV but it doesn't play for me. Having the channels view just shows the channel & no other info but then programs view has the channel as the title so it sorts as channel here too but with more info... I'd love to see what's recording like on the Emby server webpage as a widget.

(Emby Server 3.6.0.76 beta, EmbyCon 1.7.2 with Embuary (Leia) skin on Kodi RC2)

I dont think I have changed anything in the area. What is the node you are using, is it one from a library or the ALL TV Shows Unwatched one?

This could be a few things, what playback type are you using? Try force transcode.

If you don't have EPG data you will not see current programs then your only option is to use channels.

I think what's recording can be added, will look.

Using library nodes but I just looked & it does it from all too. Here's a screenshot of Kodi infront of the Emby web both sorted by date

DnD92pj.jpg

But.. the latest sorts correctly, but shows watched items even tho it's set to not show them.

tC5LtIJ.jpg

As for the Live TV.. I included a log trying all 3 ways & forced. Works fine from the web, as in all the show info & playing. 

kodi.log

What happens if you go to the add-on directly?

Addons->EmbyCon->Tv Shows Latest

From Addons->EmbyCon->TV Shows Latest = not right & I can't even figure out how it's being sorted, some of the shows haven't been updated or added in months (that's how it's linked in the skin too)

Addons->EmbyCon->Episodes Recently Added = not right too (never looked there before) 

• 2 weeks later...
Bdguth07

Hey I have a quick question. If I want to use my Alexa device to control Kodi, I have to have the movies and tv shows from my server synced to the “movies” and “tv shows” within kodi on the home screen. To do so, I usually have to “set content” and the entire library shows on home screen. Is theee any way to do this with EmbyCon or do I have to use Emby app?

xnappo

Is there any way to get .strm files to launch appropriate plugins with EmbyCon?  Now that I have finally switched to Leia, using Netflix and Amazon via strm vs my previous solution is desirable..

Edited by xnappo

xnappo

The two plugins that currently work with the new Kodi DRM are:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329767

and

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331136

A .strm file for Amazon will look like:

plugin://plugin.video.amazon-test/?asin=B079N9XXXX&mode=PlayVideo&adult=0&name=1+-+The+Boyfriend&trailer=0&selbitrate=0

When EmbyCon tries to play a .strm:

15:19:50.238 T:13048  NOTICE: EmbyCon.resources.lib.functions|INFO|Sending embycon_play_action : {'auto_resume': '-1', 'audio_stream_index': None, 'force_transcode': False, 'subtitle_stream_index': None, 'item_id': '91101', 'media_source_id': ''}
15:19:50.286 T:8852  NOTICE: EmbyCon.resources.lib.play_utils|INFO|Received embycon_play_action : {u'auto_resume': u'-1', u'audio_stream_index': None, u'force_transcode': False, u'subtitle_stream_index': None, u'item_id': u'91101', u'media_source_id': u''}
15:19:50.338 T:7480   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [\\jupiter\s\video\tv shows\Homecoming (2018)\Season 01\Homecoming - S01E01 - Mandatory.strm]
15:19:54.337 T:8032   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://192.168.1.2:8096/emby/Items/19887/Images/Primary/0?Format=original&Tag=c2045b3794ad26a40b626a409ed76af3&MaxWidth=400&MaxHeight=400
15:19:55.104 T:6148   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
15:19:55.104 T:6148  NOTICE: EmbyCon.resources.lib.functions|INFO|Sending embycon_play_action : {'auto_resume': '-1', 'audio_stream_index': None, 'force_transcode': False, 'subtitle_stream_index': None, 'item_id': '91101', 'media_source_id': ''}
15:19:55.155 T:8852  NOTICE: EmbyCon.resources.lib.play_utils|INFO|Received embycon_play_action : {u'auto_resume': u'-1', u'audio_stream_index': None, u'force_transcode': False, u'subtitle_stream_index': None, u'item_id': u'91101', u'media_source_id': u''}
15:19:55.205 T:7480   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [\\jupiter\s\video\tv shows\Homecoming (2018)\Season 01\Homecoming - S01E01 - Mandatory.strm]

Only thing I have gotten to work is Emby for Kodi with direct paths.  Successful playback looks like this:

07:59:42.423 T:5320  NOTICE: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: S:\Video\Exports\TV\Homecoming\Homecoming - S01E00 - Season 1 Official Trailer.strm
07:59:42.424 T:11632  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
07:59:42.448 T:11632   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\inputstream.adaptive\
07:59:43.994 T:11632  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
07:59:43.994 T:11632  NOTICE: Opening stream: 1 source: 256
07:59:44.247 T:11632  NOTICE: Creating video codec with codec id: 27
07:59:44.257 T:11632  NOTICE: Creating video thread
07:59:44.257 T:14836  NOTICE: running thread: video_thread
07:59:44.301 T:11632  NOTICE: Opening stream: 4 source: 256
07:59:44.515 T:11632  NOTICE: Finding audio codec for: 86056
07:59:44.515 T:11632  NOTICE: CDVDAudioCodecFFmpeg::Open() Successful opened audio decoder eac3
07:59:44.515 T:11632  NOTICE: Creating audio thread
07:59:44.515 T:6864  NOTICE: running thread: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process()
07:59:44.632 T:9500  NOTICE: [Amazon VOD] Starting Playback: 0.0/110.000007629
Edited by xnappo

xnappo

I understand now, playback needs to be plugin aware, I can look at this.

Cool thanks - I think @@Angelblue05 has some code to handle it... However I had to use direct paths even with Emby for Kodi for some reason.

xnappo

Weird.  Somehow it was something with the server version?  I was on 3.6 beta 51, updated to 80 and now it works..

[EDIT] It was known issue, sorry for wasting your time.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/63498-playback-of-strm-files-totally-broke/?hl=strm

Edited by xnappo

xnappo

Cool, so it plays your amazon and Netflix stem files now?

How are you creating the stem files? Manually or is there a scraper?

On my server machine (not used for playback) I use the Netflix and Amazon plugins to make the strms - you right click the show then export.  I have the export dir set as my Emby autosort dir, which mostly works.  More automation would be nice of course, seeing how this whole thing plays out before investing too much into it :)

For IPTV VOD, a tool for STRM export is already available: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/65778-xtreamdownloader-vod-file-download-vod-strm-export-from-iptv-provider/

The command-line tool provided with this tool, exports all my new IPTV VOD's to STRM files and dumps those files into my Emby VOD libraries, with a scheduled task in Task Scheduler.

xnappo

Someone should create an Emby Server plugin to create the local STRM files ;)

Problem with a Netflix or Amazon plugin is that means maintaining a Netflix or Amazon web scraper.  Which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy :)

Hopefully someone will start a indexer with an API.  Then again, that is probably exactly when Netflix/Amazon will start dynamically randomizing the playback links.

Bdguth07

To do a full sync to the local Kodi DB you need to use the Emby for Kodi addon instead of EmbyCon.

EmbyCon is designed as a light weight fast and easy way to get your media browse-able and playable with real time play status and library integration from Emby. But it does not sync all the media info the the local DB and thus some other Kodi addons and systems that require this will not work with EmbyCon.

Bdguth07

Okay so what I was asking was If there is a way for Kodi to put the movies and tv shows Into their respective categories on Kodi home screen. Not sure if it will work that way but might be worth a try. And also what are nodes? Thanks

Guest SNTGRO

Been using this plugin with Kodi and Im liking it so much, that yesterday it became my only way of enjoying my personal media. Plex is no longer used in this house. However, I found an issue (maybe a bug?)

I can watch my movies, TV shows, and listen to music with Kodi via this plugin. But I'm having an issue when I start watching a tv show or a movie, stop watching, and try to resume watching at a later time. If I do it using the Embycon addon, when I get back to continue watching my media it does not show me the option to continue watching said media. It only shows it (them) on the Nex Up section, even if I have watched 50% or almost the whole episode. However, if I start watching anything on the web app, and stop it, then if I go back to my Kodi install it will show the option to continue watching. Is this only happening to me? I have checked several times the settings and I don't see anything that could be causing this inconvenient. Using the Embuary skin on both Nvidia Shield TV devices, but the same thing happened with Kodi's default skin. I even reinstalled Kodi on one of them and same thing is still happening.

Please help.

sualfred

It works on my end with.

Does the server know the watched state and is it shown on the web ui?

Edited by sualfred

BarryAmerika

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask but I have been using EmbyCon with Embruary in conjunction with strm libraries. THe STRM generator I use creates transcode files named....
File name - 360

File name - 480

File name - 720

File name - 1080

File name - Original

When I select an episode from ondeck on homescreen a dialogue pops up asking which version to play but the scroll of names is kind of slow to find out which file is which - would it be possible to make a preferred setting available, like if filename contains "original" default to that or even make the listing alphabetical so the file listing is consistent like my example above for example, at present it seems random. I will try to get a screen shot if it helps explain.

sualfred

I guess he means the lenght of the line itself.

"killing-charlie-countryman-year-ac3-1080p-360" could be too long to fit in one line (depending on the skin)

I could extend the width in this case, but I need a window prop as trigger.

Edited by sualfred

BarryAmerika

Yes - sorry, scrolling through entire and rather long line x 5.

Black Lightning - S01E05 - And Then the Devil Brought the Plague- The Book of Green Light [ Bluray- Remux AVC DTS 5.1 ] - 1080p.strm
Black Lightning - S01E05 - And Then the Devil Brought the Plague- The Book of Green Light [ Bluray- Remux AVC DTS 5.1 ] - 360p.strm
Black Lightning - S01E05 - And Then the Devil Brought the Plague- The Book of Green Light [ Bluray- Remux AVC DTS 5.1 ] - 480p.strm
Black Lightning - S01E05 - And Then the Devil Brought the Plague- The Book of Green Light [ Bluray- Remux AVC DTS 5.1 ] - 720p.strm
Black Lightning - S01E05 - And Then the Devil Brought the Plague- The Book of Green Light [ Bluray- Remux AVC DTS 5.1 ] - ORIGINAL.strm

I will try a reinstall or something, if only the bit after the  `-` is shown that would be perfect and instant. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Skin is embuary.
I will try install on a pc - shield is difficult for me to get a screen capture on.

post-53597-0-47360800-1546806186_thumb.png