EmbyCon : Old support thread

Carlo

I was just checking this out to see if I could use Emby to easily playback recordings in progress on my Shield TV as the remuxing in Emby is a big pain when trying to jump to half time or 4th quarter.

Anyway I don't see the recording library show up.  Am I missing something?

• 3 weeks later...

I've tested it on my Nvidia Shield TV and my Xiaomi Mi Box, and it works just fine, but is rather slow. I've streaming from my Synology 1813+, where Emby server is installed.

Opening my main library (1600 videos) takes something like 15+ seconds. Is there a way to speed this up? Caching maybe?

sualfred

I've tested it yesterday on a Nividia Shield and  it works good. For sure it's slower than the internal Kodi database, but once all artworks were cached by Kodi it's one of the fastest available addons out there.

• 3 weeks later...
agentxan

When using the embycon beta 1.6 I am receiving the following error. The first time the list loads fine but this error show up if I go back to the same list a second time most of the time. If I get the error and then delete the .pickle file for that menu and keep trying sometimes it gets a file that it can load from. If I navigate to Music - Album Artist this happens every time and never gets a working cache. When it does work the load time for my movies went from about 10 seconds to about 2 to 3 seconds which is a great improvement.

13:26:30.523 T:1783591792   DEBUG: EmbyCon.resources.lib.datamanager|DEBUG|Loading url data from pickle data
13:26:30.528 T:1783591792   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.EOFError'>
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.embycon/default.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                mainEntryPoint()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.embycon/resources/lib/functions.py", line 161, in mainEntryPoint
                                                getContent(param_url, params)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.embycon/resources/lib/functions.py", line 398, in getContent
                                                dir_items, detected_type = processDirectory(url, progress, params)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.embycon/resources/lib/functions.py", line 479, in processDirectory
                                                baseline_name, item_list = dataManager.get_items(url, gui_options, use_cache)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.embycon/resources/lib/datamanager.py", line 59, in get_items
                                                item_list = cPickle.load(handle)
                                            EOFError
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Edited by null_pointer

agentxan

No they contained data. If I go to TVShows then first time the resulting pickle file is 9 KB this time and then If I go back to TV Shows then it gives the error. If I delete the 9kb pickle file and try again 1 to 2 times I eventually end up with a 2.08 MB that allows the TV Shows to load. This does not happen every time. Sometimes it gets the full file the first time. I renamed the file extensions to .log and uploaded them if that helps.

Edited by null_pointer

agentxan

I just tried it again and it took deleting the file three times to get the working file. The sizes were 23 KB, 37 KB , 15 KB and the working one 2.08 MB.

Edited by agentxan

agentxan

Using the performance profiling these are the results that I get with 1069 tvshows, 2130 movies, and 157 collections using a Raspberrypi 3b+

cache on        cache off
Movies grouped into Collections         2.071 seconds     6.897 seconds
Movies not grouped into Collections     6.153 seconds     6.962 seconds
TV Shows                                1.684 seconds     4.549 seconds
Edited by agentxan

agentxan

Yeah I just tried it again with grouping off and cache off the time is 6.802 seconds. With cache on the I load movies one time to create the pickle file and on the second load the time is 6.153 seconds.

cache off.txt

cache on.txt

Edited by agentxan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SNTGRO

Excellent addon, It truly makes a Kodi user with an Emby server happy.

Quick question / feature request: Could the option of showing Home Videos in progress be added to the addon? Thanks in advance.

Guest SNTGRO

I have added in progress and recently added to the home video nodes in the main addon menu for the latest Beta (1.6.13)

Sweet, so it's coming to the stable version eventually. That's great news. Thanks for your dedication to such an awesome addon. And just in time, since Plex has become so horrible lately, yet Emby keeps getting better.

• Like 1

quicktrick

Hello, @ !

EmbyCon beta 1.6.14

It somehow does not resolve DNS via default resolver when I set Server Address as the hostname (e.g. 'vorke') instead of the IP address.  More interesting, it does connect to the server and show the libraries' contents, but it refuses to play.  It says "Connection error". It plays only when I specify the IP instead of the hostname.

My server itself resolves that hostname flawlessly:

LibreELEC (official): 8.2.5 (Generic.x86_64)

hystou:~ # ping vorke
PING vorke (192.168.1.30): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.1.30: seq=0 ttl=63 time=0.239 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.30: seq=1 ttl=63 time=0.339 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.30: seq=2 ttl=63 time=0.362 ms
^C
--- vorke ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 0.239/0.313/0.362 ms

post-382395-0-10089000-1543309465_thumb.png

agentxan

When you have time I was wondering if it is possible for Recently Played Albums, Recently Added Albums and Music Genres to be added?

sualfred

@

It was working for me, please bring it back :)

Edit:

Just checked it twice and it is working with 1.6.14. With 1.6.15 the artist integration in Embuary is messed up. 

(Emby 3.5.3)

Edited by sualfred

Charlie117

I have recently been checking out both addons for Kodi. My preference is leaning towards EmbyCon due to its fast user switching.

Compared to the other Emby for Kodi addon, I am experiencing one issue with browsing of which I am not certain if it's a bug or an intentional. I used the Embuary skin for both addon while testing.

Here's the thing. When I open Kodi and it loads the Embuary skin, it horizontally lists all my library items at the top, which include: 1. Movies, 2. TV Series, 3. Animated TV, 4. Live Concerts etc. Now when I click one of those items, it opens a new window with several widgets such as continue watching, up next etc. Now the issue is when I click the default option (just a button called "Movies"). Now here's where the issue comes into play. Using the Emby for Kodi addon, it then takes me to a poster overview of all my titles inside this library. So if it's 4. Live Concerts it shows me every title inside this library item. Using EmbyCon however, it takes me to a list of my library paths instead. So for example, it shows folders for hd-remux, sd-remux, hdtv, web etc. so it is literally listing the folders my 4. Live Concerts library item is using to index content from.

My question is, is there any way to change this to the behaviour of how Emby for Kodi does it?

Apologies for the wall of text, didn't know how to explain it in short.

• Like 1

sualfred

This is mostly a Embuary issue.

You are running the beta server, aren't you?

Because my Integration is still based on 3.5.3 stable. Once 3.6 is released I'll take a look at those issues.

Charlie117

Thanks for the help sualfred.

I'm indeed running the beta server, currently (3.6.0.68 beta). Client side it's Kodi 18 with the beta release of EmbyCon.

I'll give 3.5.3 a try on a test server to see if it removes the issue.

Big fan of Embuary btw! 

This is mostly a Embuary issue.

You are running the beta server, aren't you?

Because my Integration is still based on 3.5.3 stable. Once 3.6 is released I'll take a look at those issues.