EMBY Theater MP4 Playback Pauses or Freezes

TrishyMouse

TrishyMouse

The thing with mpv is that just because you turn something on, doesn't always mean it's actually being used. If the conditions aren't met, it will silently disable some things. This is an interesting problem. Tonight I will dig into what is happening. And I'll may have you change some things and test. mpv has had many updates that aren't in theater yet. But we'll look at that, later.

Thank you, that seems like a good target for the moment (mpv).

TrishyMouse

How have you configured video settings in the app?

I have tried various video settings without improvement.  Different combinations of acceleration, display refresh rates, video syncing on/off, open GL, interpolation.  Have not changed the scaling methods from auto.

TrishyMouse

It's actually very easy to test mpv directly, and see if the problem lies there. In the Theater installation directory, look for the mpv folder, in there you'll see mpv.exe, double click and drag a movie on it. It will play. Double click again to maximize it. And see what happens.

That was a very good test.

I tried two methods, coping the file to local PC then dropping it on MPV and I also tried directly dropping an MP4 file from the network share to MPV, both methods played cleanly.  Also things like full screen and windowed, still clean.

TrishyMouse

Ok, so that rules mpv out. How have you added the file location on the library setup?

One the physical server using the servers local drive letters.

Please see attached example

post-107556-0-21149200-1554848122_thumb.jpg

TrishyMouse

So I tried adding the IP network path to the "Shared Network Folder" field but have not seen any improvement with the mp4 playback problem.  I have not yet tried removing the local drive letter path and using only the IP address share path.  I attached a snapshot of the config for the library with most of the mp4's and the IP configured in case I should be doing something differently.