"Protect" recordings?

mklatsky

mklatsky

Currently, I am able to set a recording limit for a particular series. In the Schedule, I am able to set "Keep up to" in the series recording options.

However, sometimes there might be an episode that I wish to keep forever, while still keep the "Keep up to" limit the same. The feature I'd like

to see would be was to protect  a particular episode. In this scenario, the protected episode would not count in the total for the series.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Thank you.

HI, yes it's not a bad idea. I suppose tags could be one way of accomplishing that.

• 4 years later...
HappyZombiSlayr

I'm going to add to this.

Currently at home, we've been using SageTV since it came out, and I'm looking at switching to something that's a bit more managed, and can handle the load of files I have. I tried Plex, and just didn't like it, so I tried Emby.

I'm really happy with what I see and all, but a major feature from SageTV was you could record certain series and prevent them from being auto deleted, even if running out of space. Similar to what @mklatskysaid, I was hoping you guys might develop (or have) a feature to prevent a series from being deleted entirely, even if out of space.

I'm currently using the Beta version, and the only option I see for setting how many recordings to keep is the "as many as possible" which --to me -- doesn't seem like a guarantee.

• Thanks 1