App Not Connecting on Cellular (WiFi Works)

Lessaj
Go to solution Solved by Vidman,

Lessaj

I've been scratching my head with this one for a while. The app works great on WiFi but has never worked on the cellular connection in the few months I've been using it. Following the path where the log indicates an error it loads the page just fine, though going to the login page in the browser on my phone (address/mediabrowser/dashboard/login.html) says "error processing the request". My only guess is that there's a parameter that's missing. I have one account that has a password. The ports are all forwarded correctly since I use it in my browser at work all the time (and sometimes at home too when I'm not using MBT) and it works perfectly. I've tried with both the direct IP and my no-ip domain and neither work. I also use the Windows 8 app on my tablet and it works outside my network.

I also find it interesting that it still tries to connect to the internal IP when my WiFi is off, but not much of an issue. I thought it was doing that because I had "Keep WiFi on During Sleep" set to always so I turned it off and still no dice.

If there's any other info/logs that I need to provide aside from the android log let me know (though it seems like it never makes the connection so I haven't reviewed the server log).

App version: 1.0.43

Server version: 3.0.5238.39498

client-b58f254c-de0d-4cfd-9051-a124929b05e2.txt

Edited by Lessaj

Lessaj

On Cellular if you open a web browser on the device, are you able to browse to http://x.x.x.x:8096/mediabrowser where x is your external IP address?

Yes but then I get popup that says "error processing the request" which disappears after a couple seconds. It works fine on my computer at work (I'm there now).

post-3866-0-42663500-1399951051_thumb.png

Edited by Lessaj

Lessaj

I'm on Bell, so the screenshots in that post are actually quite eye opening. I didn't even know there was a proxy set by default (nor did I know that guide was there! I tried to search for something similar). I'm all for a faster connection experience too!

And indeed it also worked! Finally! Been wondering since February why it wouldn't work. I didn't even consider a proxy being the issue because it could clearly reach out to the server, but they must be blocking a particular kind of traffic even though it can reach out.

Thank you Redshirt for posting that guide and Vidman for linking it to me. :)