Windows 10 1809 update has just deleted my Emby server install?

claptnei

claptnei

As the title says, Windows 10 1809 update has just deleted my Emby server install?

spent days setting this up  :-(

Also deleted all my custom setting etc???

Senna

Running 1809 since day one in the Microsoft Insiders release Preview Ring many many months ago in 2018 and the update never touched my Emby install.

So please provide more details about your Emby install before the 1809 update.

Happy2Play

I have a test system on "insider"  currently on v1903 and have not seen a Windows upgrade affect my Emby installation.  I have seen multiple build upgrades in a week without issue.

You would need to provide more information, but I would suspect it would have to be more then just the update.

arche

I updated to 1809 without issue when it was released and Emby installed. I would assume if this was the case, alot more than Emby would have been deleted considering it's in the user profile. As @@Happy2Play said, need more info. 

claptnei

I updated to 1809 without issue when it was released and Emby installed. I would assume if this was the case, alot more than Emby would have been deleted considering it's in the user profile. As @@Happy2Play said, need more info. 

yep also deleted a lot of my profile, looks like the original bug from october roll out?

Rolled back to 1709 all working again.

Edited by claptnei

• 2 months later...
Happy2Play

Did the same thing to me after the install of 1809. Now I have to start over.

Sounds like a profile migration issue in the update. You could check the windows.old folder.

Edited by Happy2Play

What did it actually delete? Perhaps it was only the start menu shortcut and now you can't find it?

Remp2012

What did it actually delete? Perhaps it was only the start menu shortcut and now you can't find it?

everything besides the shortcut. had to start from scratch

now after setup I can't connect remotely. The only thing I see wrong is that its not running on the HTTPS port, as seen in the picture.

https://imgur.com/OlDpMBv

To run on the https port you will need to setup an SSL cert. Have you done that?

Remp2012

To run on the https port you will need to setup an SSL cert. Have you done that?

I haven't but it showed there prior to 1809, i have both ports forwarded  

It works if I manually input the address but not if it I click the server on the app

Because that's pointing to your old installation. Try deleting that entry from the app.