Universal settings

CBaldwinJ89

dannymichel

the reason for me is simply that 'my media' thumbnails are aesthetically displeasing to my eye. i believe they follow an outdated 'effect' with the glass reflection, and the container breaks a few design rules by being so much smaller than the other containers. sure, you can switch the image, but you shouldnt have to do that.

'my media' is also unnecessary when there is plenty of real estate where 'home' and 'favorites' is for movies, music, tv.

playlists and other plugins can easily be a dropdown menu right next to those.

dannymichel

i could go on for days explaining why and where the design of emby isn't right. i don't want to be 'that guy' and i don't want to come across as a complainer.

i would even offer my ux/ui design services completely free of charge to fix it because i'm such of fan of your well put together backend.

in my humble opinion this is just another example of coders who create something great who settle for poor design.

with that said, emby is a great piece of software otherwise.

the reason for me is simply that 'my media' thumbnails are aesthetically displeasing to my eye. i believe they follow an outdated 'effect' with the glass reflection, and the container breaks a few design rules by being so much smaller than the other containers. sure, you can switch the image, but you shouldnt have to do that.

'my media' is also unnecessary when there is plenty of real estate where 'home' and 'favorites' is for movies, music, tv.

Okay, then a universal (used by all users that don't change it) setting that doesn't show "My Media" on the home screen would cover your request.

Also, you could select "My Media Small" and just get text buttons instead of images.

• 3 months later...
jonathan.gorbutt

Big thumbs up from me for this... the amount of times I login on a new device and have to change everything to how I like it...

Or new users if this could be added and store with the users profile so even when I create a new user it will default to the settings I set would be awesome, would save a lot of time with going back and forth with friends who are transcoding when they don't need to be if I can set universal playback settings.

If they want to change afterwards that fine.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Asator

Please do this. I am a recent Plex refugee (I love this so much more) -- this feature would make user management so much easier.

• Like 1

unisoft
On 10/8/2019 at 5:06 PM, dannymichel said:

I don't like drop down lists on a TV!!!! 10 foot UI applies to TV devices for me. I like the current thumbnails for each library which look cool if you use your own image for each library tile, I would like to get rid of the word "My Media" though, not necessary cause you can name your libraries to be descriptive in what they represent.

Also in vertical mode, on LG app, the libraries tiles are stupidly smaller than the others, and Apple TV app gets the right size for example. That's why I use horizontal theme on LG TVs....

Edited by unisoft