Windows 10 Emby Server stopping machine sleeping

12vibes

12vibes

Hi

Since last server upgrade my Win 10 machine will not sleep automatically . Powercfg requests shows that the Emby server is the problem

Anything I can do at my end to get round this

Thanks for your help

John

Hi there, Emby Server will keep the machine awake as long as there are active users connected. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

12vibes

Hi

What defines an active user. I have the android app on my phone and tablet but have not used then for a few days but the server will not sleep. The LG app on my TV I use most days but the TV is off except in the evenings.

Thanks

John

A user who has connected within 15 minutes. Do you see anything in the server activity list?

Plugins can also have an impact, if you have installed any.

12vibes

There are random authentications from my LG 6 phone and my Lenovo Yoga Tablet I have NextPvr installed but I have removed that and we will see what happens. 

Thanks

John

12vibes

Hi

It is the Android app on my LG 6 phone which is keeping the server awake. If I stop the app the server machine will sleep otherwise it is kept awake by the emby server says powercfg requests.

Thanks

John

• 1 year later...
12vibes

Hi

Server still not sleeping. Only connection is the chrome browser I have just logged on with. Any way I can get the win 10 machine to go to sleep. If you manually put machine into sleep it will stay asleep.

Thanks

John

7 hours ago, 12vibes said:

Hi

Server still not sleeping. Only connection is the chrome browser I have just logged on with. Any way I can get the win 10 machine to go to sleep. If you manually put machine into sleep it will stay asleep.

Thanks

John

Hi, try closing the chrome browser tab that is running the web app.

12vibes
16 hours ago, 12vibes said:

Sleep is set for 10 minutes. I have tried changing that but makes no difference.

Thanks

John

Hi, what we're asking is, since you provided four server logs, what day and time did you expect it to go to sleep? This way we know what we're looking at and can narrow down which log file to look at.

12vibes

it is set to go to sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity. Here in the UK it is 10.09 Sunday 30th. I will stop writing this. And then send you the server logs again. After 10.20 when it should have gone to sleep.

Thanks

John

12vibes

Hi  John,

Question for you.  If you shut Emby down so it's not running, will your computer go to sleep in 10 minutes?

12vibes

Hi 

Yes it goes to sleep, just done that.

By the way in the past and I cannot remember how long ago this was not a problem. The machine went to sleep OK.

Thanks

John

• 4 months later...