"Get Emby Premier" popup on unlocked app?

Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hi,

I noticed that when I launch the Emby for AndroidTV app, I usually get a big green popup notification that tells me I should pay for Emby Premier.

If I pay for the app unlock, to remove the trial period, will I still get this notification all the time. If so, is there a setting that would allow me to disable it?

Thanks.

Hi.  Are you uninstalling the app?

That message should only show up about once a month.

Thanks,

Once a month or once a day it doesn't really matter.

Will the message show up from time to time even if I purchase the unlock?  If so, is there a setting that would allow me to disable it?

I'm looking to move away from Plex to a platform that is less invasive. i don't plan on purchasing Premium because I don't care about hardware transcoding or Live TV. Just sharing my medias.

tried webUI, Android and AndroidTV clients and so far they all have obtrusive ads to annoy me and my family members into purchasing Emby Premier.

• Solution

Currently, I believe it will still pop up from time to time.  We can consider suppressing it for unlocked apps.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

Is there a separate unlock app I could purchase on the Play Store to unlock the AndroidTV app? In-app purchases cannot be shared with family members as it is with regular app purchases.

Thanks.

Hi.  No, it is just the in-app purchase.  The avenue for sharing with family is Emby Premiere.

Thanks.