Chanel surfing

pawman

pawman

Chanel surfing - is the any way to change channel without having to go back to the guide , like using the remote up and down button?

• Like 2

unisoft

It's planned for the future. Thanks.

Remote control using channel up and down buttons for changing channels would be awesome and Channel number entry (don't think it does this but haven't tested this in 1.0.15 release yet..). Anyway if you can map the epg button on the remote too...

Edited by unisoft

• 5 weeks later...

How can I move bwtween submenus of tv live?I can not move the cursor only in this menu

@@Jobinho have you setup guide data for live tv?

What you can do is use the web app to set your live tv landing tab to Channels. Once you configure that, restart the LG app and it will respect the setting. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

hey Luke, i can not enter to my sesion of emby, can you help  me?

Can you please describe exactly what you mean by that? Thanks.

• 7 months later...
Kevinmce

+1 on the channel surfing.

It seems like an integral part of watching live TV thats missing.

Otherwise, as a new user and previously a long time plex fan, I'm pretty much converted to emby.

• 1 year later...
dgrigo

Been nearly 3 years and channel changing is still not working by remote channel up or down button.

Despite Luke reply it's coming, never came.

Why do I care, cause I don't have any other way to watch live Tv.

dgrigo

Can we have please an answer for this, i placed the question in the status of LG app status, but derailed and got locked, placed here, also as i always search forums before placing question, and no answer!

How we get support those of us with premium bought lifetime ?

Its 3 years and i don't have live reception in the place i have tv, only i can watch tv through DNLA or Emby, neither has a useful way to channel up or down with remote control.

Thank you

Spaceboy

hardly anyone watches tv the way you are describing anymore. therefore little support and interest for the enhancement

dgrigo

I was thinking the opposite, as Cable cutting and using Streaming is the way ( we don't build houses with Aerials with every room, as the signal getting low as you add meters of cable, but we build houses with It infrastructure ), but , If that's why the ignore live TV , they can as well remove it completely from the server !

Spaceboy

you misunderstand. emby is a dvr. the R is important there. 80% of what i watch is stuff that has been broadcast, either over satellite or iptv. but very little of that is live per the broadcasters schedules. i record it and watch it at my own convenience. when i choose to watch something live, its something specific usually news or sports. i never channel surf looking for something to watch, therefore what is annoying you isnt an issue for me.

dgrigo
On 1/8/2022 at 12:22 PM, dgrigo said:

Can we have please an answer for this, i placed the question in the status of LG app status, but derailed and got locked, placed here, also as i always search forums before placing question, and no answer!

How we get support those of us with premium bought lifetime ?

Its 3 years and i don't have live reception in the place i have tv, only i can watch tv through DNLA or Emby, neither has a useful way to channel up or down with remote control.

Thank you

@LukePlease take a look at this thread! Please