232 replies to this topic

#221 neik OFFLINE  

neik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 644 posts
  • Local time: 02:29 AM

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:09 PM

Yes. It is just that this app had the feature first and, when the other apps implemented it, they didn't follow the same pattern. So now, we probably need to change this app but it has behaved the way it does for so long that I imagine some people will not like it.

You are always looking for intuitive solution, isn't it intuitive when you hit the end of a season it begins to start the next one?
  • denz, Gilgamesh_48 and cayars like this

#222 kikinjo OFFLINE  

kikinjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:38 AM

@ebr

DVDSUBs are not showing on latest stable version of android emby. Server version 4.2.0.8.  tried on emby theater dvdsubs shows normal.

On android subs are visible in selection, but not displayed. This is philips tv android. Will check on firestick 4k and report back here.

cheers

Edited by kikinjo, 24 May 2019 - 10:38 AM.

#223 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 44948 posts
  • Local time: 08:29 PM

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:39 PM

@ebr

DVDSUBs are not showing on latest stable version of android emby. Server version 4.2.0.8.  tried on emby theater dvdsubs shows normal.

On android subs are visible in selection, but not displayed. This is philips tv android. Will check on firestick 4k and report back here.

cheers

What about against the stable server?

DVDSubs will need to be burned in.

#224 denz OFFLINE  

denz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2068 posts
  • Local time: 08:29 AM
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:33 PM

When you watch a video and go back the screen does one more refresh and the only thing that it changes is the resume time. I always think there is something wrong with my tv when it does an extra refresh. Hopefully something can be done about it.

#225 kikinjo OFFLINE  

kikinjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:00 AM

What about against the stable server?

DVDSubs will need to be burned in.

Only running beta server for now, will try burn in, no issues on other apps.

#226 denz OFFLINE  

denz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2068 posts
  • Local time: 08:29 AM
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:17 AM

Added time and logo are not the same margin from the edge of screen as the left side of the screen so part of text is cut same as when you bring up osd the end time is cut.

Attached Files

#227 kikinjo OFFLINE  

kikinjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:25 AM

Just got info from few of mine friends that music albums dont play randomly on firestick 4k latest stable android app version. Something broke since latest android app and latest beta server version. What i m seeing that if u search for artist / album and play it..emby shows its playing it (small equalizer on album) but sound is not playing at all. It happens on browing albums also or playing from latest albums. Investigating it further, anyone have similar issues maybe?

edit:

Here is the log for flac item i clicked to play, but nothing happens track stays at 0:00 and backdrop shows after some time like audio is playing normaly but its not.

log shows no errors excerpt part where it says socket exception for flac playing:

https://pastebin.com/f84gbWns

Edited by kikinjo, 25 May 2019 - 09:04 AM.

#228 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 44948 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:14 AM

Added time and logo are not the same margin from the edge of screen as the left side of the screen so part of text is cut same as when you bring up osd the end time is cut.

There is no way for us to know what that logo is going to look like so there is no way for us to line it up with anything.

#229 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 44948 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:15 AM

Just got info from few of mine friends that music albums dont play randomly on firestick 4k latest stable android app version. Something broke since latest android app and latest beta server version. What i m seeing that if u search for artist / album and play it..emby shows its playing it (small equalizer on album) but sound is not playing at all. It happens on browing albums also or playing from latest albums. Investigating it further, anyone have similar issues maybe?

edit:

Here is the log for flac item i clicked to play, but nothing happens track stays at 0:00 and backdrop shows after some time like audio is playing normaly but its not.

log shows no errors excerpt part where it says socket exception for flac playing:

https://pastebin.com/f84gbWns

You are talking about just FLAC files?

#230 kikinjo OFFLINE  

kikinjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:14 PM

You are talking about just FLAC files?

Yes it seems that only flac files are affected, but will test more and confirm.

#231 neik OFFLINE  

neik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:18 PM

iirc, the Web App and Android mobile do exactly this. Shouldn't the behavior of your Apps be consistent?

Besides this it also does make sense to load the next episode otherwise one has to get to the home screen and open the episode of the next season every time one hits the end of a season.

You are always looking for intuitive solution, isn't it intuitive when you hit the end of a season it begins to start the next one?

@ebr, what are your thoughts on this? Will you implement it?

I am pretty sure others would like it as well as it is the way one is expecting it to work, I guess.

#232 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 44948 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:27 AM

@ebr, what are your thoughts on this? Will you implement it?

I am pretty sure others would like it as well as it is the way one is expecting it to work, I guess.

Yes, we'll make it work like the others.

• neik likes this

#233 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15188 posts
  • Local time: 01:29 AM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:17 PM

@ebr Just noticed that when viewing Chapter Images during playback, the time of highlighted one drops off the bottom of the screen slightly.

Nothing major, just cosmetic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users