232 replies to this topic

#1 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 45409 posts
  • Local time: 09:21 AM

Posted 31 March 2019 - 03:01 PM

This beta adds the ability to adjust not only the default audio and subtitle language, etc. settings that were previously only accessible from the web app, but also adds a few subtitle appearance adjustments you can use for just this app.

Please report issues here.

Thanks.

• SikSlayer, cayars, joggs and 1 other like this

#2 clarkss12 OFFLINE  

clarkss12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1080 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 31 March 2019 - 03:34 PM

Working well for me. I Lowered the font size and use the yellow color. Nice enhancement, thanks.

#3 clarkss12 OFFLINE  

clarkss12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1080 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 31 March 2019 - 03:34 PM

Working well for me. I Lowered the font size and use the yellow color. Nice enhancement, thanks.

#4 Palumbo68 OFFLINE  

Palumbo68

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Local time: 08:21 AM

Posted 31 March 2019 - 03:48 PM

I was in beta program but still on 1.6.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 clarkss12 OFFLINE  

clarkss12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1080 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 31 March 2019 - 03:57 PM

I was in beta program but still on 1.6.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to go to the play store, twice, and it will show up.

#6 arrbee99 OFFLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2756 posts
  • Local time: 01:21 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 March 2019 - 06:53 PM

Nitpick on FireTV

Go to Gear icon while playing, shows 'Display Mode ()'. When clicked on does nothing. Should it have zoom settings in there ?

Quality is set to 80Mb/s but when selected it gives a list of other speeds, wouldn't it be better to show that 80Mb/s in the list as well ? shows from 10Mb/s and lower.

What happened to the forward / back arrows ?

#7 arrbee99 OFFLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2756 posts
  • Local time: 01:21 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 March 2019 - 08:49 PM

...or don't the forward back arrows show up on the FireTV (maybe I got too used to a Shield ?)

#8 neik OFFLINE  

neik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 690 posts
  • Local time: 03:21 PM

Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:09 AM

Quality is set to 80Mb/s but when selected it gives a list of other speeds, wouldn't it be better to show that 80Mb/s in the list as well ? shows from 10Mb/s and lower.

What happened to the forward / back arrows ?

From what I've seen the highest quality in the list corresponds to the bitrate of the file you're playing and goes down to about 1mbit.

To be honest I've never seen those buttons on my FTVS only on a Android box, so they might have never been there.
  • arrbee99 likes this

#9 HRSCR OFFLINE  

HRSCR

Behind the tree

• Members
  • 790 posts
  • Local time: 07:21 AM

Posted 01 April 2019 - 08:16 AM

Well done @ebr !

With the subtitles, no issues found yesterday.

#10 TylerV76 OFFLINE  

TylerV76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 08:49 AM

This beta adds the ability to adjust not only the default audio and subtitle language, etc. settings that were previously only accessible from the web app, but also adds a few subtitle appearance adjustments you can use for just this app.

Please report issues here.

Thanks.

Did you change anything regarding live tv playback with time-shifting enabled? After the update I was able to watch 2 basketball games with only a couple of very quick, minor pauses. Typically with time-shifting I get pauses every 20-30 seconds regardless of the startup speed selected. If things stay the way they were yesterday, this is a huge step in the right direction. 

#11 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 45409 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 11:49 AM

...or don't the forward back arrows show up on the FireTV (maybe I got too used to a Shield ?)

The Fire has FF/Rew buttons on the remote.  Use those.

• arrbee99 likes this

#12 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 45409 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 11:49 AM

From what I've seen the highest quality in the list corresponds to the bitrate of the file you're playing and goes down to about 1mbit.

Correct.  No sense wasting time selecting bitrates that will have absolutely no effect on the item currently playing...

#13 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 45409 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 11:50 AM

Did you change anything regarding live tv playback with time-shifting enabled? After the update I was able to watch 2 basketball games with only a couple of very quick, minor pauses. Typically with time-shifting I get pauses every 20-30 seconds regardless of the startup speed selected. If things stay the way they were yesterday, this is a huge step in the right direction. 

No changes here...

#14 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15264 posts
  • Local time: 02:21 PM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 03 April 2019 - 05:59 AM

Eric - can we (optionally) re-order the rows on the details page?

Currently when you open an episode, you get synopsis, play control, "More from", cast and then scenes.

I would prefer to see scenes before the "More from" row, as they are more relevant to me than the other rows.

To start an episode from a particular scene, you have to scroll almost to the bottom.

With movies, it's synopsis, play control, cast, scenes, trailers and "More like this".

Again, I would prefer scenes before cast.

It's also inconsistent as it is with an episode details pages, with the "More from" and "More like this" in different positions relevant to the other detail.

Also, can we rename SCENES to CHAPTERS please?
  • FrostByte, PenkethBoy and maegibbons like this

#15 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 45409 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 10:08 AM

Never say never but a customizable order of rows on the detail screen is not something that will be a high priority any time soon :).

"More like this" and "More from Season X" are not really the same weight.  When looking at an episode, the context of that episode is very important whereas other similar movies not nearly as much.

As for the title change, sorry but that is standardized across all apps right now.

#16 jboydude OFFLINE  

jboydude

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Local time: 06:21 AM

Posted 03 April 2019 - 10:30 AM

Shield TV has issues with this update and playing back 4:3 content. The show name and time at the top left and right of the window does not go away. It cascades kind of like a slot machine. The overlay is basically not hiding.

#17 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 45409 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 10:34 AM

Shield TV has issues with this update and playing back 4:3 content. The show name and time at the top left and right of the window does not go away. It cascades kind of like a slot machine. The overlay is basically not hiding.

Can you show a screenshot of that?

#18 jboydude OFFLINE  

jboydude

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Local time: 06:21 AM

Posted 03 April 2019 - 10:36 AM

I can when I get home. I opted out of the beta so my wife could watch her Friend's dvd rips. I will opt back into the beta and take a picture.

#19 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15264 posts
  • Local time: 02:21 PM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:08 AM

Never say never but a customizable order of rows on the detail screen is not something that will be a high priority any time soon :).

"More like this" and "More from Season X" are not really the same weight. When looking at an episode, the context of that episode is very important whereas other similar movies not nearly as much.

I thought that might be your answer, but there are multiple posts across the forums to move this information up/down, which have never been addressed fully.

As for the title change, sorry but that is standardized across all apps right now.

Really? Scenes mean nothing, whereas chapters makes much more sense.
  • FrostByte likes this

#20 cayars OFFLINE  

cayars

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 2923 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 01:10 PM

It's not just 4:3 content that is doing this.

The time and username at the top right is bouncing up and down constantly.

5ca4e86b58b5f_AAA.png

5ca4e87cf12a8_AAA2.png

Doesn't matter what overlay is used, you can't get it to disappear.  Also note the timeline at -7 minutes.  Been noticing funny end times on Android lately and been meaning to mention it.

I've never seen this problem before the latest beta release.

Edited by cayars, 03 April 2019 - 01:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users