Cant connect to server on port 443

darkassassin07

darkassassin07

Thanks luke, I'll install that version and report back if I have further connection issues.

• 7 months later...
joydashy

I am seeing this same issue. Am testing from an iPhone on 4G. My Emby is running behind Cloudflare and a local Nginx proxy.

Using Safari I can connect fine to https://my.emby.site and play videos.

When adding the same address to the IOS Emby app and entering port 443, it immediately returns with unable to connect. I have no VPN enabled and no setting that could affect this as far as I am aware.

I am seeing this same issue. Am testing from an iPhone on 4G. My Emby is running behind Cloudflare and a local Nginx proxy.

Using Safari I can connect fine to https://my.emby.site and play videos.

When adding the same address to the IOS Emby app and entering port 443, it immediately returns with unable to connect. I have no VPN enabled and no setting that could affect this as far as I am aware.

Hi there, what kind of ssl certificate are you using?

darkassassin07

He's using cloudflare, so the cert presented to the client is out of his control and the web app works so cloudflare>nginx>emby should all be fine as well.

Is this a brand new install of the ios app, or have you used it previously?

I was on android and I'm not super familiar with ios, I don't think you can easily clear the cache/app data (that's what worked for me, no issues since), so I'd suggest reinstalling the app to see if that helps.

Edited by darkassassin07

joydashy

Hi there, what kind of ssl certificate are you using?

As darkassassin07 says correctly, CF is set to Full encryption mode; the client-facing cert is from CF and the local Nginx proxy uses Letsencrypt. There's many subdomains on this Nginx proxy, can the app handle this? The website handles it naturally of course. And how to debug this?

The IOS app is not a brand new install, I will try a clean reinstall at least.

joydashy

As darkassassin07 says correctly, CF is set to Full encryption mode; the client-facing cert is from CF and the local Nginx proxy uses Letsencrypt. There's many subdomains on this Nginx proxy, can the app handle this? The website handles it naturally of course. And how to debug this?

The IOS app is not a brand new install, I will try a clean reinstall at least.

Well, I guess I could have tested this first...reinstall of the IOS app did the trick.

darkassassin07

Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

Sub-domains will work just fine, I have at least 4 services on their own sub-domains via the same nginx instance myself.

• 3 years later...
pogoattaq

I just wanted to second that reinstalling of the iOS app worked for me. I had been pulling my hair out on this one.

I have just build a TrueNAS Scale server. I am using Cloudflare ZeroTrust Tunnels and Traefik to access the server from the internet. I was able to access emby from the internet using a browser, but unable to log into the emby server from the app.

I admit that I am out of my depth in setting up this server. I do not have the time or inclination to become a network administrator or linux master, but thankfully there are enough other helpful people writing tutorials or forum posts to guide me along.

I have never been a fan of just reinstalling a program or rebooting the system to try to solve a problem, but I am sure happy that it worked in this instance!

• Thanks 1

KMBanana

Hosting video services through the Cloudflare tunnel is against their ToS and can result in them disabling your account with no warning, as an FYI.