Vu+ Plugin no TV streams

raymondjpg

pünktchen

But to ask again: does it play live tv in the Emby webinterface? If yes, then nothing is wrong with the plugin.

raymondjpg

It should. But it was developed by a community member long time ago and rarely get's updates, so maybe it's broken.

OK Thanks for the response. Next I'll try getting HRTunerProxy to work and see if that E2 plugin can provide Live TV streams from the Vu+ server tuners, and if that will also work with the Emby Vu+ plugin to also provide for an EPG if HRTunerProxy still does not provide for one.

pünktchen

If you use the HRTunerProxy to emulate a HDHomerun device, then you can set this device as a tuner source in Emby. But you will also have to set a xmltv guide source in Emby. Neither the HDHomerun nor the Vu+ plugin will provide you with guide data then.

Summary:

Either HDHomerun, Hauppauge or m3u tuner as source in Emby with separate guide data

or Vu+ plugin alone that also delivers the guide data.

• Like 1

raymondjpg

If you use the HRTunerProxy to emulate a HDHomerun device, then you can set this device as a tuner source in Emby. But you will also have to set a xmltv guide source in Emby. Neither the HDHomerun nor the Vu+ plugin will provide you with guide data then.

Summary:

Either HDHomerun, Hauppauge or m3u tuner as source in Emby with separate guide data

or Vu+ plugin alone that also delivers the guide data.

Thanks again.

Fortunately I have EPG Collector set up on my server PC to generate an updated EPG every so often using the Hauppauge USB tuner, and I have now been able to configure the HDHomerun device in Emby server with the xmltv guide source from EPG Collector. All is working well so far in my server PC i.e. Emby Server and Emby Desktop on the same PC. The acid test will be if this combination of devices will also work on client PCs running Emby Desktop.

Regards

Edited by raymondjpg

raymondjpg

You could also use an xmltv export of your Vu+ box: https://forums.plex.tv/t/enigma2-support-for-plex-dvr-livetv/194136/561

That would be even more useful than EPG Collector, as my Vu+ server is licensed with an EPG service that updates every 15 minutes.

Unfortunately I am still unable to get the combination of HDHomerun device in Emby server with the xmltv guide source from EPG Collector to work in client PCs running Emby Desktop. I can see the Guide OK but no Live TV - only the spinning circles.

raymondjpg

Unfortunately I am still unable to get the combination of HDHomerun device in Emby server with the xmltv guide source from EPG Collector to work in client PCs running Emby Desktop. I can see the Guide OK but no Live TV - only the spinning circles.

OK my fault entirely. It is necessary to check the box 'Internet streams' in the external player setup in Emby Desktop for all this to work.

Having done this on my client PCs running Emby Desktop with PotPlayer 64 bit configured as an external player, Live TV now works fine both with the combination of HDHomerun device in Emby server with the xmltv guide source from EPG Collector, and also with the Vu+ plugin exclusively. I am now using the Vu+ plugin which gives me an EPG restricted to a particular Enigma2 bouquet complete with picons, and Live TV streaming through PotPlayer with teletext displayed as subtitles switchable on or off.

So the Vu+ plugin was not at fault, and thanks again to Luke who has made this possible with an external player configured in Emby Desktop.

Regards

• 6 months later...
raymondjpg

As of yesterday, 18 November 2019, i have been unable to get the VU+ TV plugin to work again. It may be related to an issue I have with the NextPVR plugin https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/79387-uninstall-nextpvr-and-install-vu-plugin/.

I was apparently able to rid Server of the NextPVR plugin by uninstalling Server with the option to uninstall plugins checked, but I have since been unable to get a successful connection to my Enigma2 PVR, even with the same configuration that I had six months ago.

Does anyone have a successful implementation of the VU+ plugin now with Windows 10 1903, Emby Server 4.2.1.0, and Emby Desktop 3.0.10?

As of yesterday, 18 November 2019, i have been unable to get the VU+ TV plugin to work again. It may be related to an issue I have with the NextPVR plugin https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/79387-uninstall-nextpvr-and-install-vu-plugin/.

I was apparently able to rid Server of the NextPVR plugin by uninstalling Server with the option to uninstall plugins checked, but I have since been unable to get a successful connection to my Enigma2 PVR, even with the same configuration that I had six months ago.

Does anyone have a successful implementation of the VU+ plugin now with Windows 10 1903, Emby Server 4.2.1.0, and Emby Desktop 3.0.10?

Did you configure the plugin? What does the server log say?

raymondjpg

Did you configure the plugin? What does the server log say?

Like I reported in the other thread I was unable to successfully configure the VU+ plugin, and when I ran Refresh Guide Data (more than once) it still picked up the NextPVR EPG from an installation of the NextPVR plugin that I had attempted to uninstall before installing the VU+ plugin.

Attached is the server log from a restart of Server after uninstallation of NextPVR plugin and installation of the VU+ plugin, then an attempt to configure the VU+ plugin (unsuccessful, I just see a spinning circle on the plugin config page), then a couple of runs of Refresh Guide Dat.

embyserver 19-11-2019.txt

vdatanet

I have also not succeeded in configuring the vu+ plugin. The two options that worked perfectly for me were the HRTunerProxy and export the channels to a m3u playlist. I supply the guide tv with an xmltv file generated from Schedules Direct.

raymondjpg

That's the emby server log. Can you capture the browser debug console contents? Thanks.

Following some instructions that you gave on another thread I captured the contents of the console tab (Firefox 70) after saving the setup page of the VU+ plugin (attached). Hopefully that is what you are looking for.

console-export-2019-11-20_8-35-49.txt

raymondjpg

What version of the plugin do you have?

From the catalogue it says 3.2.1 (Release) and when it is installed, it shows 3.2.1.0.

Edited by raymondjpg

raymondjpg

Noticed today that version 3.2.2.0 of the plugin was apparently installed. At first I could see no sign of the Enigma2 backend guide in Theater, and it was still not apparent after an uninstall and reinstall of the updated plugin. However I had this clue from the Server logs:

Error App: [VuPlus] Picons location must be configured if Fetch Picons from Web Service is disabled.

So I checked the box Fetch picons from webinterface in the plugin setup, refreshed guide data, and all came good in Theater with the guide from the Enigma2 PVR.

Thanks for the fix.