31 replies to this topic

#21 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 126619 posts
  • Local time: 08:24 PM

Posted 24 April 2019 - 06:05 PM

If you have a Hauppauge and your'e on windows then i would just use our native support. By running this through a plugin you're just adding additional layers of complication, and more possible points of failure. I would really only suggest using them to fill in support for devices we don't natively support.

#22 raymondjpg ONLINE  

raymondjpg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Local time: 12:24 AM

Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:18 PM

If you have a Hauppauge and your'e on windows then i would just use our native support. By running this through a plugin you're just adding additional layers of complication, and more possible points of failure. I would really only suggest using them to fill in support for devices we don't natively support.

Thanks for that advice. I will look into it, but one of the reasons I was hoping to use the Vu+ plugin was because that plugin in Kodi can not only access the EPG from the Vu+ server but can also utilise the inbuilt tuners in the Vu+ server.

Am I right in thinking that the Emby Server Vu+ plugin cannot work in my system without the Hauppauge USB tuner?

I also found that while the Vu+ plugin configured with the Hauppauge USB tuner worked with PotPlayer 64 bit configured as an external player in Emby Desktop on my host machine i.e. Emby Server, Emby Theater and Hauppauge USB tuner on the same PC, it still did not work in Emby Desktop in a client PC running Windows 10. Again, would that be because the client PC could not access the Hauppauge USB tuner on the host (server) PC?

#23 pünktchen OFFLINE  

pünktchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1993 posts
  • Local time: 02:24 AM

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:22 PM

Am I right in thinking that the Emby Server Vu+ plugin cannot work in my system without the Hauppauge USB tuner?

You are totally wrong. The Vu+ plugin and any of Emby's own tuner sources have nothing in common.

#24 raymondjpg ONLINE  

raymondjpg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:45 PM

You are totally wrong. The Vu+ plugin and any of Emby's own tuner sources have nothing in common.

Perhaps I should rephrase. Can the Emby Server Vu+ plugin access the inbuilt tuners in the Vu+ server box?

#25 pünktchen OFFLINE  

pünktchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1993 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:39 PM

Perhaps I should rephrase. Can the Emby Server Vu+ plugin access the inbuilt tuners in the Vu+ server box?

It should. But it was developed by a community member long time ago and rarely get's updates, so maybe it's broken.

#26 pünktchen OFFLINE  

pünktchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1993 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:44 PM

But to ask again: does it play live tv in the Emby webinterface? If yes, then nothing is wrong with the plugin.

#27 raymondjpg ONLINE  

raymondjpg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:44 PM

It should. But it was developed by a community member long time ago and rarely get's updates, so maybe it's broken.

OK Thanks for the response. Next I'll try getting HRTunerProxy to work and see if that E2 plugin can provide Live TV streams from the Vu+ server tuners, and if that will also work with the Emby Vu+ plugin to also provide for an EPG if HRTunerProxy still does not provide for one.

#28 pünktchen OFFLINE  

pünktchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1993 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:55 PM

If you use the HRTunerProxy to emulate a HDHomerun device, then you can set this device as a tuner source in Emby. But you will also have to set a xmltv guide source in Emby. Neither the HDHomerun nor the Vu+ plugin will provide you with guide data then.

Summary:
Either HDHomerun, Hauppauge or m3u tuner as source in Emby with separate guide data
or Vu+ plugin alone that also delivers the guide data.

#29 raymondjpg ONLINE  

raymondjpg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:08 PM

If you use the HRTunerProxy to emulate a HDHomerun device, then you can set this device as a tuner source in Emby. But you will also have to set a xmltv guide source in Emby. Neither the HDHomerun nor the Vu+ plugin will provide you with guide data then.

Summary:
Either HDHomerun, Hauppauge or m3u tuner as source in Emby with separate guide data
or Vu+ plugin alone that also delivers the guide data.

Thanks again.

Fortunately I have EPG Collector set up on my server PC to generate an updated EPG every so often using the Hauppauge USB tuner, and I have now been able to configure the HDHomerun device in Emby server with the xmltv guide source from EPG Collector. All is working well so far in my server PC i.e. Emby Server and Emby Desktop on the same PC. The acid test will be if this combination of devices will also work on client PCs running Emby Desktop.

Regards

Edited by raymondjpg, 24 April 2019 - 10:09 PM.

#30 pünktchen OFFLINE  

pünktchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1993 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:32 PM

You could also use an xmltv export of your Vu+ box: https://forums.plex....vetv/194136/561

#31 raymondjpg ONLINE  

raymondjpg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:28 PM

You could also use an xmltv export of your Vu+ box: https://forums.plex....vetv/194136/561

That would be even more useful than EPG Collector, as my Vu+ server is licensed with an EPG service that updates every 15 minutes.

Unfortunately I am still unable to get the combination of HDHomerun device in Emby server with the xmltv guide source from EPG Collector to work in client PCs running Emby Desktop. I can see the Guide OK but no Live TV - only the spinning circles.

#32 raymondjpg ONLINE  

raymondjpg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:24 AM

Unfortunately I am still unable to get the combination of HDHomerun device in Emby server with the xmltv guide source from EPG Collector to work in client PCs running Emby Desktop. I can see the Guide OK but no Live TV - only the spinning circles.

OK my fault entirely. It is necessary to check the box 'Internet streams' in the external player setup in Emby Desktop for all this to work.

Having done this on my client PCs running Emby Desktop with PotPlayer 64 bit configured as an external player, Live TV now works fine both with the combination of HDHomerun device in Emby server with the xmltv guide source from EPG Collector, and also with the Vu+ plugin exclusively. I am now using the Vu+ plugin which gives me an EPG restricted to a particular Enigma2 bouquet complete with picons, and Live TV streaming through PotPlayer with teletext displayed as subtitles switchable on or off.

So the Vu+ plugin was not at fault, and thanks again to Luke who has made this possible with an external player configured in Emby Desktop.

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users