Kodi Repo

im85288

dark_slayer

And now only the add-on is present (and installable). The titan helper script is there as well. No skins in either beta or stable repo are showing up

Why have the repos been so hit or miss all this year? Something always gets fixed and updated, but here in user land we end up scratching our heads a lot - at least the not so bright users like me do [emoji14]

im85288

I can assure you we are not trying to make your life complicated! The repo's are not hosted by ourselves so problems can be expected.

Having said that I have had no issues at all with the Beta repo. Possibly if you are installing stable and beta a lot of times things will get messed up.

My advice is BETA is for Helix and Stable is for Gotham. We need to do something about that now that Helix has become the stable release.

dark_slayer

I have no issue with my existing installs where I've had the repos going for a while. I'll try to clean install OE helix rc3 rather than dropping the target contents into the update folder

xnappo

I don't see any problem with the main repo right now.. 

If you have the beta repo installed, it will get confused if you want to stay on stable.

Personally, now that Helix is released we should deprecate Gotham support and move everything to Helix.  People can 'live' with the existing versions if they don't want to upgrade.

I guess that means I will have to upgrade :D

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

e123enitan

Hi xnappo, I have to commend you for the "Great work" that have been accompleshed on the repo so far,it has become very stable and fast in the pulling of data both in/our and may more.

My question is, will xbmb3c incorporate Live TV option in future, presently I have MP as Live TV backend to MB3, but ideally using a single repo (XBMB3C) to passing all media info from server (MB3) to client (Kodi) would be a perfect synergy, instead of using MP PVR to feed Kodi, the whole idea for me is using MB3 as the central media management system, meaning using mediabrowser to consolidate all media system, appreciate your feedback on this notion.

Cheers!

xnappo

I know absolutely nothing about Live TV as I am stuck with using WMC due to US cable card encryption schemes.

I have no way to develop such a thing - so it would have to be up to someone else.  I believe the last time it was discussed, the conclusion was it was best just to use the same back end but with the MB3/Kodi front ends as is.  But again - I know nothing about it.

Please post separate threads for stuff like this...

xnappo

dark_slayer

Hi xnappo, I have to commend you for the "Great work" that have been accompleshed on the repo so far,it has become very stable and fast in the pulling of data both in/our and may more.

My question is, will xbmb3c incorporate Live TV option in future, presently I have MP as Live TV backend to MB3, but ideally using a single repo (XBMB3C) to passing all media info from server (MB3) to client (Kodi) would be a perfect synergy, instead of using MP PVR to feed Kodi, the whole idea for me is using MB3 as the central media management system, meaning using mediabrowser to consolidate all media system, appreciate your feedback on this notion.

Cheers!

Shouldn't matter. The beauty of xbmc and mb3 PVR integration is that they use the backend/tv-server model

When you add the MP plugin to MB3 . . . the mb3 server isn't actually managing diddly. It's your MP backend that is managing everything and necessary info is pulled into mb3 by your server plugin. The same info is shared and pulled into xbmc with their MP plugin, so there's no reason to try and pipe that through this add-on. Team-MP can sort out any visual differences that still may exist between the data they expose to xbmc vs mb3server

Edited by dark_slayer

b0dyr0ck2006

As with other users I came across a few problems so have completely reinstalled: 

openelec 5.0 - kodi helix 14.0 - mediabrowser repo repository.beta.mediabrowser.kodi-1.0.1

This returned nothing in the add-ons so i deleted the beta version and installed:

openelec 5.0 - kodi helix 14.0 - mediabrowser repo repository.xbmb3c-1.0.2

This gives me XBMB3C Addons, MBCon, MediaBroswer Skin Helper service, I dont have any skins available or the Mediabrowser Addon itself....

EDIT:

I've managed to gather together all the files from various places on the forum and got things installed but Mediabrowser isnt working or connecting to the server, the theme doesnt seem to be working right. I think all this is because KODI is now Stable but your BETA stuff hasnt been upgraded to match

Edited by b0dyr0ck2006

• 1 month later...
altramarine

Gents, thanks for the amazing work :) as usual!

I am about to reload windows on my machine and need a bit of clarification:

Am i to use Kodi Beta repo if I install Kodi 14.1 ? Specifically with Titan skin.

Last time (a month ago) I installed Kodi 14.1 with Kodi Stable repo, Titan was not among the skin choices.

Thank you:)

marcelveldt

Titan stable is in the main (standard) xbmc.org repo

Titan beta is in the mediabrowser beta repo

At least I think this is correct, @@marcelveldt?

Correct!

altramarine

Thanks guys,

So the stable/standard Titan is for XBMC and beta Titan is for Kodi.

Sorry, i digressed from the topic a bit because I got confused as to what the stable and beta repos are, since Kodi is not really a beta anymore? 

dark_slayer

So the stable/standard Titan is for XBMC and beta Titan is for Kodi

No, both Gotham (xbmc) and Helix (kodi) have a stable and beta version of the Tiran skin. Both integrate with media browser (and more). One is more bleeding edge (beta from the repo) and one is updated less often (stable from the main addons repo, which is still called xbmc.org even in v14 where they changed a lot of the other naming to kodi)

I have installed the MB addon, but when i navigate into the addon sort by is grayed out, is this expected?

Depends on the skin
  • Like 1

marcelveldt

No, both Gotham (xbmc) and Helix (kodi) have a stable and beta version of the Tiran skin. Both integrate with media browser (and more). One is more bleeding edge (beta from the repo) and one is updated less often (stable from the main addons repo, which is still called xbmc.org even in v14 where they changed a lot of the other naming to kodi)

Depends on the skin

By default it will use the sorting of the MB3 server, so whatever you've set in the MB3 webinterface. Is that correct @@xnappo ?

If you want to override the sorting, you can just enable the Kodi sorting again in the MB3-addon settings: video-addons --> MediaBrowser -->contextmenu --> addon settings --> interface --> enable Kodi sorting.

xnappo

Actually by default now, the sorting is controlled by the context menu.  As Marcel said - you can switch back to Kodi sorting in the settings.

• 3 weeks later...
e123enitan

Hi xnappo, I have update to Kodi 14.2rc, I don't particularly notice any issue so far. Just wondering should I be concern that I am ahead of my self thinking all is fine with MB3 or its pragmatic to wait for Kodi 14.2 final release what is your thoughts

Edited by e123enitan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Tranquil

Today I installed a clean KODI 14.2 setup and also the Emby beta repro which is mentioned in this thread: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-182-introducing-emby-for-kodi-open-beta/

Unfortunately, there is no add on to be found in this repro. Is there a known issue atm?

EDIT: Sry wrong topic. Can not move it. :-(

Edited by Tranquil

• 2 weeks later...
altramarine

Today I installed a clean KODI 14.2 setup and also the Emby beta repro which is mentioned in this thread: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-182-introducing-emby-for-kodi-open-beta/

Unfortunately, there is no add on to be found in this repro. Is there a known issue atm?

EDIT: Sry wrong topic. Can not move it. :-(

Yesterday, i had exact same issues. I had to "install from zip" twice in order for it to work

Angelblue05

Yesterday, i had exact same issues. I had to "install from zip" twice in order for it to work

When you install a repo for the first time, it usually has an empty listing. So in Addons > Get add-ons you'll see the repo you just installed. All you need to do is on the repo, via the context menu ("c" on keyboard), just select Force refresh to force the listing to appear.

You don't need to install it twice, unless there's an explicit error on screen.

Edited by Angelblue05