Kodi Repo

im85288

Vidman

just to clarify, i was saying we should find an easy way to install the repo, like in the above link.. not be hosted in the super repo.. i think a self contained repo for xbmb3c and associated skins etc should be maintained and managed here. it will keep everything together and easier to install for new users instead of digging through the xbmc repo or the bigger super repo.

Yes that is what I was suggesting.... Maybe a page on the media browser page for xmbc with a page similar to the one I linked to that will allow an xbmc user to follow the steps to install the xbmb3c rep, rather than the current one that links to the outdated version of the add-on hosted on the xbmc website Edited by Vidman

So is this just a matter of getting instructions together? 

Also Xnappo - can you review the xbmc download section on the website? I'm pretty sure it just links to here. it might be more likely to get downloads though if we can get some ready-made instructions right on the site.

Vidman

So is this just a matter of getting instructions together?

Also Xnappo - can you review the xbmc download section on the website? I'm pretty sure it just links to here. it might be more likely to get downloads though if we can get some ready-made instructions right on the site.

Currently it links to the add-on page at xbmc.org ...if you click on the forum discussion link on that page it takes you back to here.

Also the link i provided allows the repo to be added directly within xbmc with out the need to separately download and then import a zip file

Edited by Vidman

xnappo

@@Luke - agree with @@Vidman - we should get a Wiki on how to install the Repo to link from the main page instead of the XBMC repo.

I can do this, but volunteers welcome :D

xnappo

MrWebsmith

+1  i just got xbmc/xbmb3c setup on my new amazon fire tv yesterday, and this would have been way easier than using adb to push and install the repo.

until we have something hosted like that superrepo option can you list/link to how you did this? (getting the repo 1.0.2 zip onto the firetv)?.. just got a fire tv yesterday myself and have xbmc on it but not the repo and therefore no mb3 compat. skins yet...(and older addon version too i believe)

Edited by MrWebsmith

xnappo

Just follow those directions, but instead of putting http://srp.nu/ as the address, put a network location where you have a copy of the repo zip file.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

elcabong

@@MrWebsmith

this should go in a final place for setting this up, but here is an overview of how i got xbmc+xbmb3c working on the amazon firetv:

installing xbmc:  http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Amazon_Fire_TV#Installing

while you are still connected to the firetv with adb, push the .zip for the xbmb3c repo using a command like (same link as above, scroll down to point 7):

>adb push ./xbmb3c.repo.zip /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc        //  this assumes the repo.zip is in the local adb directory

then you can install the repo.zip by browsing in xbmc using the "install from zip" option, and look in the xbmc root directory or wherever you copied it.

MrWebsmith

thanks both of you.. i did overthink this i think and i ended up with the first approach of just browsing to a smb share that had the repo zip

im not totally on the firetv w xbmcmb3 yet, but im able to browse/play items... im glad.. i basically bought it with gc's that ive been carrying around hoping that xbmc with mb3 plugin would do for me until @@Redshirt needs some 10ft ui testing..

so far so good on half of that purpose..

• 2 weeks later...
im85288

The first post has been updated as a new skin Titan has been added to the repo, big thanks to @@marcelveldt for providing it :)

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have done a clean Kodi install using latest nightly.  I have added the beta repo using install from zips against the download on the first page.  this has added ok, but when I go to add plugins there is nothing in the repo.

Any ideas or have I missed a step?

Thanks

Bob

Edited by bob808

dark_slayer

Yes, for some reason it's gone blank..I'll post when fixed

Me too, thought I had screwed something up or was being ostracized for using OSX :P

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
andcbii

Tried a fresh install today and the main repo is blank. I did a force refresh on another machine and then the repo went blank again. 

dark_slayer

Setup a fresh install today. Tried latest 14 and 13 Openelec builds. The mediabrowser add-on won't install in 14. It's marked as incompatible in 13.2